1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA star (TMAC) in court over child support from Herald Tribune (Florida)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 16, 2007.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well maybe he hasn't, but I'm not convinced. In any case (and I'm not backpedalling), I thought it was obvious that I didn't mean that literally every single star athlete sleeps around... but a VERY large portion of them always have, still do, and always will fall victim to "temptation", at least at some point. Some more than others, of course.

2. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Good old Yao. Remember those lonely nights in the hotel room with just his XBOX games to keep him company!

Knock...Knock....

Who can it be? Just the girl that Eddie Griffin sent me.

What does dutiful Yao do? He sends the girl away! How many American players do that - about 1% of them. Kobe definitely lets her in, in fact, she's forced in to the room by strong pressure applied to the neck!:D :D

3. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Indeed. Also, Yao still lives with his parents. His gf, now wife was with him in houston. He doesn't go out clubbing like the rest of the players, but instead stays home and plays WoW and on the road he stays in his hotel room. Plus in china he's followed everywhere, so if he was with another woman, there would be pictures pretty quickly and pryuen would show them to us right away. ;)

4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I agree but can you picture guys like Shane Battier and Lance Berkman and Craig Biggio cheating. They don't strike me as guys that would do this but I am not naive enough to think that it still could be a possibility. I would be a little surprised if guys like the mentioned above were unfaithful considering how religious they are. It's really ashame but that is just the way it is. I assumed Tmac might do this but it actually does shock me a little. He seems to laid back to let this kind of drama enter his life but I was wrong. Hopefully this news is nothing new for him and his spouse and they are both behind it and you just hope he doesn't do it again.

5. zforrest

zforrest Member

Tsk tsk, Tmac... birth control can be so effective...

This better not affect his game :mad: He's not paid 20 million to give it to his illegitimate kids!

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't know... after seeing Shane's karaoke video I believe he may have a hidden life on the edge! ;)

7. Cesar^Geronimo

I'm as disturbed by men who make no attempt to be part of their children's lives as I am of men who don't financially support their children (neither of which I am accussing T-Mac of)

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Wasn't there a photo a couple of months ago of a drunk Battier and some blonde college-age girls?

9. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Only guy I would put money on is Biggio. He and his wife seem rock solid.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

doug christie wins.

she controls him, every move.

11. drich

drich Member

that's bull**** to the fullest. athletes and music stars pay way to much to women in for there babies. hell my wife's good friend has a little boy by dante hall for the kansas city chiefs (well he doesn't play there anymore) and she recieves 9000.00 dollars a MONTH. I piss her and my wife off everytime i say that's to much money. my feeling is that it is to much money being given and the reason i say this is because she doesn't work at all plus she has a nice house nice car and all because she had a kid by an athlete. child support should be half and half that is not half at all

12. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

If you had all of those fine ladies throwing themselves at you and wanting to ride your jimmy would you pass? Don't think so! But T-Mac, Murph, and the Reign Man should have the glove on if they want to keep their money.

13. Cesar^Geronimo

Is the child rearing half and half? Is Dante Hall active in the child's life (half and half?)

14. BigSherv

Man i know I sound like a little kid or an old woman but I lost a little respect for Tmac after reading this and an knowing he dated the same lady for ten years.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what about michael jordan
    magic johnson
    larry bird?

also its hard to say this when you aren't a multimillionaire superstar ball player.
    you're just a regular dude. if you were put in his shoes, then you can see if u can resist.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

man are born to cheat. Just look at the animals, lab mice for instance, you drop the male mouse in with a female, he is going at her right away. It takes a saint not to cheat, when I mean cheat, not just physically, it's mentaly too.
    Not trying to defend Tmac here. But this is some other dude's business, let's not judge.

Hope this thing gets over asap, best before the season starts.

17. Nero

Nero Member

I doubt Tony Parker is going to be cheating any time soon either.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

doubt it.

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Dem the breaks... :rolleyes:

20. BigSherv

Same thing happened with them as well. i mean i don't hate them. but you almost dont' want to know these things so you don't lose admiration for them. You like to think of them as heroes almost, pillars of your community. but in the end they are just men like you and I.