1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA star (TMAC) in court over child support from Herald Tribune (Florida)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 16, 2007.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

What are u talking about? :confused:

Any mother abandon her child by a firestation will be charged. Any father refuse to pay child support will be charged. In both cases, mother/father are 2 pieces of crap.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

they're both pieces of crap, but yes there is a double standard.

3. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Link.

Looks like this was after he planted the seed...

prolly flew in the 18th at night after the Pacers game...

Hit it all night/morning...

Woke up and also penetrated the Magic.

then rained in 35 points on the Knicks... cooch had to be good then!

This has to be the cause for his "issues".

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

btw, i don't know any particulars of the case but i'm almost certain they're not arguing Tracy's financial responsibility but how much $s will cover his obligation.

in that scenario its no longer only about child support but how big baby mama can cash in on her fertile bonus.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

"If you aint no punk holla 'We want pre-nub, we want pre-nub' Yea!"-Kanye West :p

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You must be younger than I imagine. I've read your posts through the years and you have an interesting view of the world.

If my child support helped my ex pay her rent or buy groceries that someone other than my son consumed, that was reality.

Welcome to reality.

7. Rover16

Rover16 Member

That is a freaking ridiculous thing to say. So what if the child was born out of wedlock, that doesn't change the fact that it's his kid and should be paying child support. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on a messageboard before. :rolleyes:

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

alimony is not child support child support.

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Alvin Choo is talking about alimony which means spouse support. Alvin Choo probably thinks the woman ask for spouse support too, not child support only.

You have 2 problems:
    1. comprehension problem.
    2. bad attitude.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

A woman can abandon her baby at a firestation or hospital and not be charged in the state of Texas. She's basically giving it up for adoption.

12. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Well I don't want your attitude who thinks tmac should take the child away from the mother just cause he's rich when he has spent no time raising the child. I bet you think all rich guys should get custody of their kids. Glad you don't run things. :rolleyes: I side with the woman 100% in this case. Tmac needs to man up to his responsibilities.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Actually no a woman will not be charged. They passed a law that said they couldn't press charges against a woman "giving up her child for its betterment" The idea is if they allow a woman to drop the child off, the baby will get care by the system that is better than say a woman throwing it in a dumpster to die. I can't remember the name of the law that allows it, but I am pretty sure its true all over the US.

edit: I had to go look it up.. its called the "safe haven law" but its not nation wide. Here's the details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_haven_law

At any rate the woman does deserve money to help take care of the child, it doesn't seem fair that she will use some of it for herself, but thems the breaks... if you don't like it then keep a raincoat on when you do something you shouldn't.

#53 Hayesfan, Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I guess that's why it took so long for them to get married. His son was born in December 2005. So he must have been with both women around the same time. Of course, this happens every day, so we shouldn't be surprised.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What's there to be sad about? Do you actually believe that ANY star player in professional sports doesn't sleep around?

16. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure Yao doesn't sleep around.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Remember that huge thread (until it was locked) that suggested TMac's personal problem was he was worried his soon to be born child was illegitimate? I guess that scoop was b.s.

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

toxic brew ...

19. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Good old Yao! :)

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NEVER,
    EVERYBODY HAS TO BE PERFECT