1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA star (TMAC) in court over child support from Herald Tribune (Florida)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Aug 16, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

wow tmac is a hypocrite. i remember tmac saying if you have a serious girl, u should never cheat on her (when he was asked about the kobe situation). apparently, no athlete can remain truly faithful. the life is too out there.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If I only spent 20 percent of my income on daughter and her future, I think I would be in pretty could shape.

Daycare is almost a grand a month alone.

3. SmitingPurpleEm

A certain song by Kanye West comes to mind....

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

1. I dont think T-Mac has problem to buy the woman a house and pay her $20,000/month.
    2. this case is not about child support, it's about the woman wants to get rich.
    2. the court's ruling will be in favour of T-Mac no doubt according to precedent cases.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tmac should have just paid her and kept it hush hush. He is going to end up paying either way.

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

exactly, have u seen matt leinart's girl trying get him to pay her 32,000 A MONTH???

seriously, if u want the child to have the best life, let the child live w/ tmac then. sure the mother wants the best for her child, but her interests are in here also. what u gonna do w/ 20k a month for a 2 yr old kid? a mercedes? 3 mansions? a private jet?

7. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

If it's fair to say the child should have a comparable lifestyle as T-mac's two other children than it will take mad money like 20k or 32k a month. This is not a big problem for a multi-millionaire like Mac. It's when the average Joe has to fork over 20% or more and live out of a tent that it becomes a problem. Mac could sign one endorsement deal and take care of the child for life.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

he screwed up, so he should pay...the kid deserves a big chunk of that money...he should put it in a trust fund so the mom cna't touch it but I think the Kid should get a good amount....

9. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Nah, the woman's lawyer talks about NBA life style. So, it's about bling bling. $20,000/month is not enough for bling bling. My guess is the woman wants at least 6 digit money per month. It's all about bling bling. :D

10. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

He said "We have to be careful because we are targets".

He also said "if you're married, stick with your wife".

He wasn't bashing Kobe but answering a question. You know the media loves to take Mac quotes to lunch.

The guy was in court being accused of rape, and hid the fact he was in Colorado from the team.

I doubt there is one superstar in this league that goes on the road and does nothing. Last I heard the only recent celebate guy in the nba was AC Green.

You hear of this kind of thing alot from guys like Magic, Bird, Dr J, Shaq, etc... that have other kids pre and or post marriage.

That world is totally different than the one you and I live in.

11. BBall Scientist

To me it's funny how guys paying child support complain about paying 20 to 25 percent of gross salary.

Because if you have the kid or kids living WITH YOU, you will be paying MORE than that or you will be negating some of the things the child should be getting.

20 to 25 percent of gross salary is a bargain.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That brings up a great point, why not have Tmac go for custody? Tell that woman, you know what? My child DOES deserve this lifestyle, let the child come live with me.

See how well that goes over.

DD

13. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

It depends on how much the father makes. For an average Joe, that all he can do. But 20-25% of T-Mac's income will be totally out of proportion for the child's need. The court will ask the women for a list of the child's living expenses for sure.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

This is a good point. But do u think the woman will let the kid go? The child is her meal ticket. Women always have an edge in custody battle. Especially in T-Mac's case, the child has been residing with the woman since the child's birth.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hmm what I dont get is why doesnt tracy just take custody of the child. He clearly has the better financial means to support the child if he is serious about supporting it. Clearly the mother just wants all the $ she can get her hands on and see the child more as a gold mine than a person.

now if mrs. mcgrady can forgive and let by gones be by gones (seriously if you were the wife of an NBA player, and an elite/world famous one, you know that there is a high chance of being cheated on and I am sure she knew he must have done something in the past.)

but yeah if mrs. mcgrady can forgive i dont see why the child cant come under their care and be raised by tracy and his wife with the mother getting visitation rights. I mean i am sure tracy can spring for the airfare from orlando to texas twice a month if not more.

mom gets to see the child and the child gets proper care...and it prevents mom from gold digging

16. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Great, now there's something else to hamper T-Macs production during games.. :rolleyes:

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

but it was YOUR CHOICE
    Did you support your son . .your ex and her new boyfriend?
    You think it is ok . . For their household to have a total income of 120K a yr
    and you provided all 120K of it?

Are you serious?

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why is it . . a Woman can lay a child at the step of a firestation and never have to worry about any financial responsibilities ever . . not be vilified or anything

but
    a man basically does the same thing. . he is a peice of crap

does that seem right to you?

Rocket River

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I think that is the point T-Mac and his lawyers are trying to make. If they attempted to settle out of court, then that means that he knows he owes child support, but what they are asking for is probably excessive, and for the mother's benefit.

20. Genuine

Genuine Member

35 years old? we need pics of the girl to see if she was worth it