1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA scout on Rockets: "No one has more assets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desi tmac91, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Cap Space to sign a max contract

Lots of good/great young talent too swing for a third star or just upgrade the bench in a major way or just keep and develop.

A S&T on top of that wouldn't even be impossible theoretically.

2. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Super stars dont bring Wins and CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!! WTF are u remidial .

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Lebron when he was a Cav. Kobe when he was dropping 50 points in 4 straight games. Dwight in Orlando. Man.. tough crowd..

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Outside of the 2004 Pistons who arguably had one, please show me the last NBA Championship team that lacked a superstar...

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Veterans and good coaches win championships. Rockets have "assets" ... I thought the goal was to win playoff games, not bet on the stock market.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm saying that just because you're a super star it doesn't automatically bring a championship. I should have been more clear on that sentence. Sorry.

7. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

:rolleyes: Lebron =ring Kobe= ring get off Clutch fans TROLL!!!

Name an NBA team besides detroit , that has won an NBA Championship with out a Superstar !

1 person likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

paul pierce, ray allen , and KG were All stars but not superstars at that point in their careers.

9. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Tell me do they have a ring yes or no ?

nuff said

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yes they do?

[​IMG]

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

My feelings are hurt. I'm sorry I'm not a blind Rockets fan. I love my Rockets and I am glad with the way Morey set up the future for us fans. I'm just saying just because you're a super star it doesn't automatically bring a championship. Quit being so offended. You also forgot to say Dwight = ring by the way. Oh wait...

Why isn't it possible that the Nugget may possibly have better assets than the Rockets?

13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

stop calling everyone who has a different opinion than you a troll, this is a public form. calm down dude. not everyone will agree and think like you

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Really just need that second major building block and it will be clear sailing.

15. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Gus williams was a star your proving my point. for every championship theres a star. The discussion between me and this poster is , he said Super Star dont bring championshis or wins that was his quote . All im saying is they make up an integral part in bringing a championship. Will Harden ever win one we dont know ,but we do know that in order to get one we will need a superstar

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A star, maybe. But not on either the All NBA First or 2nd team that season.

Of course you need talente guys-- that Detroit team had stars, too-- Ben, Sheed, Chauncey are all high level players. The issue is more about whether you need one of the top 2-5 players to win a title.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Discussions are voided once you bring in ad hominems tho. I'm just saying a super star doesn't bring championship. What you're saying is winning a championship you must have a super star. There is a clear difference. Was Karl Malone not a super star? Was Charles Barkley not a superstar? Did they bring championships to their team?

Super stars don't bring championships =/= You must have a super star to win a championship.

18. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Ben and Rasheed were defencesive beast .
    He didnt specify a 1-5 player and adding to that he posted they cant even bring you wins .

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'll bring this team up again, no real super star, and tbh, no real leader. Pierce was on the team the longest and gave the best Oscar winning finals performance with the wheel chair I have ever seen. That 2008' celtics team was one of the best defensive teams ever and the team of the decade IMO. Everyone on the team understood their role real well and excelled at it.

They weren't the same the year after even though they would end up making it to the finals again.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You are wrong. Morey and Les' goal has always been to win a championship. He's said that too many time to count. Why do you think he traded Patterson for a rookie?