1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

NBA scoring champ this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Nov 1, 2012.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I think he has the ability to win a scoring title,
    but personaly I hope he doesn't
    . This young
    team needs to grow and that only comes from
    letting other players take shots themselves and
    trusting one another! If he takes an enormous amount
    of shots (Kobe) the rest of the team will just stand
    around and watch and expect Harden to take the shot.

If we had a legitimate chance at the title then
    let them fly Harden let them fly!

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I don't see Harden leading the league in scoring stopping our young guys from playing well. Harden is a leader and a willing passer. It will make them better because if he commands that much attention, he WILL hit the open player.

Also, it is about making players want to play in Houston. You get a guy leading the league at the age of Harden's and you will get other players wanting to come and support this team.

By next year (if not this) Harden willl average 24, 5, 4, 2.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Durant is going to lead the league in scoring with 32-33ppg this year (b/c Harden was traded).

I forsee Harden averaging 24-25 points with 6 dimes a game. We haven't seen that since McGrady. :)

Now get that other star please :)

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

5. BamBam

You don't have to lead the league in scoring to be a leader and a willing passer,
    but you do have to take a great deal of shots to lead the league in scoring.
    Hopefully he doesn't get carried away with the scoring title chatter.

I think that players will want to come here reguardless if he wins a scoring title
    or not especially if he's playing at an all-star level and the supporting cast
    is condusive to winning a title.

6. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

37 x 82 = 3,304 ;)

I hope he won't have to play 40+ minutes every game. That means the rest of the team sucks.

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Wait, I said he has to lead the league in scoring to be a leader and a willing passer?

I think my answer was answering the question of whether or not his ability to lead the league in scoring would hinder the progress of our young guys or not. My response was simply saying that because Harden is a willing passer that it wouldn't.

You are making the assumption that because he is the leading scorer in the league that he is the only one shooting on our team, thus not making anyone on our team better.

8. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Spain played box and one on Durant in olympics finals game in last minutes with Kobe, CP3, Lebron and Melo on the court.

Hardin will easily average more than him...yeah.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Either way, if you look at the stats I presented, that doesn't look like "league-leading scorer" stats to me.

10. trowa

trowa Member

probably still durant

11. blunto

blunto Member

1. Durant
    2. LeBron
    3. Love
    4. Irving
    5. Kobe
    6. Harden

12. catch22

catch22 Member

i am a harden fan but there are few better scorers than him: durant, lebron, kobe, WB, love, dirk (old), heck even carmelo anthony (at half the efficiency as harden)

13. formido

formido Member

Yes, he has a chance to lead the NBA in scoring. Not only that, he has a chance to be as good an offensive player as Lebron because, while Lebron has the post game, Harden is a much better clutch jump shooter than Lebron has ever been.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Harden will score 25-30ppg. He is definitely in the running. If everyone played consistent to their first games, then Harden would win MVP!

15. BamBam

Are we not BOTH making assumptions? You are assuming that Harden winning
    a scoring title will not hinder the progress of the team, I disagree. In reallity
    neither you or I know what affect it would have on the team. Regardless
    whichever is best for the team that is what I want.....;)

16. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

17. Cranberry_Juice

Is it just me or does anyone else believe that Harden is what Dickerson could have been?

18. bongman

bongman Member

You can make as many arguments as you want when he was playing with the Thunder but he is now a Rocket. A different coach, different teamates, team dynamics and different style of play. Only time will tell if his effectiveness as a player in Oklahoma can translate into a scoring machine in Houston. If statistical data is all that is required to determine a player's ability to succeed on another team, there would be no bad trades in the NBA.

From my perspective, one game in a Rockets uniform does not make a superstar but if there was one that would convince me, yesterday's game came close to doing so. He was amazing and hope that he can sustain that effectiveness.

If all you have to gauge is one game, asking whether he will be a scoring machine is just a guessing game. Its like saying.. "I told you it was going to be heads.. I win". Apologize if I don't see the fun in that.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think its gonna be Durant or Carmelo.

Harden has a shot at third.