1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA] Rockets All Star Voting - 1st Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jan 3, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would rather Harden have a week off than participate in that farce.

Gakatron, BigMaloe and Sajan like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

i wouldn't. some so called fans say hes fat and parties too much anyway. why not be in a somewhat controlled environment when he doesn't do much in these games anyway

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hopefully this answers @DaDakota 's question about "who said he was inefficient"....

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has been underutilized in the Allstar games, I think coaches and team captains always just play him 20-25 minutes per game.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

there isn't much of an underutilized aspect. there's no real system. its a pick up game. not all players are tailored for a game like that. if he wanted to be really part of action he'd do it himself and get involved

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

This is why we can't have nice things.

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Remember when Zaza Pachulia was going to be the All Star Center, this new system made sure he didn't Start or come off the bench in the All Star Game, he completely was voted off the team.

heypartner likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

TLDR: Noone cares much.

I didn't say he has NO fans. First of all do not confuse Real F.C with Real B.C. The only ones who care about the bball team are the madrilenos and most of them care only around the FF4 if they are about to win a title. There is no comparison to the popularities of the two sections of the club.
    Western and most Northern Europe dont care about bball and the south and eastern who care have their own teams to support who are Real opponents. I know some Real F.C fans who never support B.C unless it is against Barca and it doesn't affect their own team.
    Now let's get to the point. To be a casual fan doesn't mean you go and vote. People don't wake up and see in the news that NBA voting has started.
    The only ones who will go and vote are the people who are already NBA fans. Btw NBA games in Spain start at 1 am for East Coast and around 3-4 am for Western Coast. Unless someone is crazy like me they won't stay awake to watch.

Now in Slovenia it will be in the news and everyone will go vote. NBA accounts will probably triple all of a sudden. He is their national idol becoz he also gave them gold. You see in the east in Serbia they didn't vote much for Jokic..why? Because first he didn't give them gold and secondly becoz they have too many sport idols and world class athletes in many sports to count. Jokic is nothing.
    Also Slovenia is a small country known for nothing much good or bad. Even their slavs neighbours who want to kill each other if possible, don't care for them hate or love so I'm sure these votes don't even come from neighbours just from themselves.

HP3 likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

yeah the top is more or less ok but if you see lower you will find a lockeroom voting for each other some scrubs with 15 votes etc. I read an interview about how it was conducted and the players said they didn't give a damn.
    Rose is immensely popular in nba players so if they have seen the first results before they vote you can be sure many will vote for him.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was telling you guys, Harden is hated more than people who beat their wives.. and in this case, players who engage in gang rape.. allegedly.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Just make sure you guys vote every day

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

From today's Feigen article:

Harden did admit, however, he laughed along with some of the memes.

“They’re funny,” he said. ‘It’s the internet. It’s undefeated.”​

SamFisher likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am more disappointed in the Chinese Fanbase, I thought the Adidas Tour in China and literally 100,000s of fans would vote for him, it's like they don't watch Rockets games anymore or follow the team.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Chinese fanbase don't like fat point guards :eek:

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Chinese fanbase don't like fat point guards :eek:

17. dream2franchise

Hmmm I'm trying to vote Harden in but keep getting error messages....

....conspiracy? ‍♂️

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ehh, I'd prefer that he opt out of the allstar game completely to recover and rest his body.

*shrug*

19. Mr. Space City

what's the point of incorporating chinese culture into everything about the rockets when those chinese fans don't flex that power to vote harden?

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Luka, Rose, Carter, Wade, and Cousins could all finish with the most votes. They still wouldn't start.