1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Refutes Tim Donaghy's Claim That Referees Bet on Blazers Rockets Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Moleb

Moleb Member

Makes sense rockets 0 FTA 1st half. Blazers 17.

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Not to mention I don't think we attempted a free throw in the first half of that first game. Damn shame....

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I don't mind Donaghy saying these things at the very least it keeps the refs in check which is good for us. In my opinion tho, I think Donaghy had some money on the rockets and it isn't going too good for him. So now he's playing chess with his former colleagues.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

its why we had Joey Crawford reffing the game last night.

Crawford had some really questionable calls that I was happy with. And I dont say that a lot.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

And Rockets have a staggeringly large lead in Points in the Paint.

6. noone

noone Rookie

I'm someone that thinks the nba was fixed against smaller markets in the past. Tim DOnaghy is looking for attention which destroys his credibility.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There should be an investigation of NBA referees, similar to baseball and steroids.

8. Penetrate&Creat

this is why we can't have nice things.

1 person likes this.
  9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I personally was shocked and appalled that the NBA escaped that refs scandal with no real consequences. The integrity of the game was shot.

Plus, look at these refs. You've got dudes from the same high school, nepotism, all that. What are the chances that out of the entire world, 3 people from the same high school would qualify as the best possible referees? Not to mention that old as hell guy. It's a joke.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This is the biggest issue. Its the 900 pound gorilla in the room.

The most glaring head scratcher is that they CONTINUE to run out crawford, foster when the RIGHT thing would be to not have them out there.

What do we as fans owe to crawford? What does the NBA owe to Crawford and foster?

If they are clean then they would not have these guys out there and if they are so concerned for foster and crawford they can give them jobs in league office in NYC.

NBA has some real explaining to do that could be fixed quite easily through getting rid of them.

It's sick, it's wrestling and their credibility is shot all because they want to continue to have these guys out there in all the important games.

This has been going on for YEARS and YEARS. If this was a NORMAL job and the slightest conflict of interest existed that person would either be fired or put in another position. Except for the NBA. It's sad.

My theory is foster and crawford and these dirty mobsters know too much and could bring down the league if they were taken out. They are left in and will be given a heros exit with fat bonuses on exit to keep them quiet. aka hush money.

Everyone says the simple solution would be to not have these guys reffing yet here they are to this day? VERY FISHY and I take the results with a grain of salt.

I know in my heart of hearts that the 2002 kings should have been in the finals and the celtics in 2010 game 7 were the real champions the same way I know there is an asterisk whenever anyone talks about barry bonds and mark mcgwire. Cheater day and age we are in and eventually it will come out. NBA will get a slap on wrist and nothing much else will happen.

THIS IS WRESTLING GUYS DONT BUY IN TOO MUCH ITS ALL FAKE

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

re·fute
    riˈfyo͞ot/
    prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove.

I don't think this was done in this case.

12. TheJet

TheJet Member

I hate, hate, HATE conspiracy theories.

But I'm down with this one. We've all seen bad calls in various sports our entire lives, but this series has had some atrocious stuff on both sides. I think we're on the slightly shorter end of the stick right now but we'll see how the next few games shake out.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

going back to the 70's and 80's, i can tell you guys that the officiating in this league was miles better. questionable calls and instances of "WTF game are they watching?!" were far more rare.

so if the game was able to be called reasonably well back then, then the front office's annual explain-away of essentially "sure we might miss some but this is the best we can do and they're still the best game officials in the whole wide world" just does not hold water.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yes just another tell.

The biggest blatant crime is the fact that they continue to run the SAME refs out there that the whole world is questioning. This could be resolved pretty easy by not having these refs. Same way steroids in baseball era could be solved very simply with steroids testing. Yet it took years and years to do anything. It's the obvious simple solution that really makes it extremely hard to believe these guys.

Also they take the time to dispute a 'convicted felon' by not talking about the actual game or anything just running with 'he's a convicted felon' distraction?

If he is a convicted felon then who cares? why address it? The fact they are even addressing a convicted felon with nothing but distraction is perplexing and downright sad.

top players are assumed to get calls which is now accepted as fact and okay when that is a joke too.

This league sucks. It's hard for me since I like basketball yet know it's all a lie. I would actually watch other series and more games if it wasn't fixed.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

he has credibility TO destroy?

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There's no denying it's a very hard game to officiate but there are way too many WTF moments that occur for me to not believe something is rigged at either a league level or a referee level.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Donaghy didn't say they bet on the games, he said they were reffing the game like they were.

Clearly the nba avoided the forest to focus on the trees, but the reffing really was that atrocious.

18. noone

noone Rookie

No he doesn't. He sounds needy and lacks credibility.

I'm sorry but Portland fans are the unwanted stepchild of nba fans. The nba isn't fixing games for Portland.

What are disgruntled nba fans going to do. Watch Euroleague basketball in protest.

19. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Hey refs tell us who you placed your money on in game 4!

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you make an incorrect assumption that any game-fixing would be solely linked to team location/market, when in fact there are a number of possible motives at play. fixing games for vegas is an obvious motive, and many pro's who are betting regularly will swear that the manner in which games are called in the final minutes vis a vis the published lines -- there is no way it can be just coincidence.