1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Refs get their little feelings hurt

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crash5179, Jun 8, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that the only team that does "moving screens" in the NBA is GSW right

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all game every game, but only the opponent gets called for it twice (in the 4th) lol

3. hakeemthagreat

Boo whoo. These NBA players get criticized after every game. Every bad play they make gets talked about on ESPN over & over. The outcomes of these games can make or break some guy's careers. So I don't want to hear whining from the refs, especially when they've been so bad for so long. Some of these refs need to be INVESTIGATED by the FBI

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

every single team league in the league does it. players still need to make the shots. All these nitpicking complaints about the moving screens are just redundant. Just because GS is better at execution than any other team right now of course the average person has to find some reason to scapegoat them. To each its own.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The problem is not if it can be done, the problem is does NBA want this kind of system.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the contrary (yet again), i've been posting here about moving screens being the foundation of their offense since 2months into kerr's head coaching career. you are correct that they still need to make the shots. however, that doesn't change the fact that running illegal picks 50+ times per game and getting called for it once a week indicates that something is truly wrong in the state of denmark

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

and that's fine. people want to believe they do it "50+ times" and over exaggerate. again to each it own.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they run illegal screens nearly every possession, and often series of multiple moving screens in the same possession. i don't think 50+ is an exaggeration at all

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This type of logic just absolutely baffles me. That's NBA brainwash type of thinking. A foul is a foul period. If it's a foul in the 1st quarter it should be a foul in the 4th quarter and it should be a foul in the last two minutes. If it's a foul against player x then it should be a foul against player z. If it's a foul on one end of the court then it should be a foul on the other end of the court.

Art has no buiseness in officiating, it should be a science and nothing else. I completely understand that the NBA game is hard to officiate but that is not an excuse for calling the game inconsistent between two teams in the same game.

When you follow different standards as to what a foul is from one player or team to another you create an unfair advantage for one of the teams. That's why officiating in today's NBA pisses so many people off.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you have your own interpretation of what is going on. To me it has definitely become a huge exaggeration, especially given the fact that they are above all in execution. If they weren't such a historical team, we likely wouldn't even be having this conversation

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't see the relevance of execution to the rule infractions or the league's active avoidance of those infractions. if a serial rapist f**ks really well, do the police and justice system turn away and just let it go?

12. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I really don't get the point of the report. If bad calls determine the outcome of the game, it's not like they go back and fix it. And typically everyone already knows what's going to be in the report because we all see the bad calls when they happen. So what's the point?

"YES! They admitted they were wrong!!"
    "Yeah but...we still lost."

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc you apparently seem to think GS is the only one guilty of this over exaggeration and nitpicking. the execution comes into play bc they've become this historical team. The warriors could run all these screen but if there guys couldn't execute at the elite level they do now and not set records and championships you wouldn't even care.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

again, the warriors' obscene use of illegal screens as the basis for their offense has been pointed out well before their singular championship to date. and as far as other teams doing it, that is simply not possible. because 29 other teams actually get called for moving screens. if they didn't get called for it then conceivably yes, they would try doing it 50+ times a game too. but unfortunately for them, they do get called for it.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

its without a doubt definitely possible and does happen. regardless, you have your own opinion on what happens and I have mine. But finding exaggerations like "50+ moving screens" is not something i'm going to use as some excuse to disregard a historical team.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

historical in what context? "the illusion has become real, and the more real it becomes the more desperate they want it..."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GA8MQGvr_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

what they've accomplished in the record books as a team and individually for some the past 2 seasons is pretty much self explanatory as far as historical. And they're about to add to that with 2 more wins

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and what adam silver has allowed them to get away with the past 2 seasons in the name of $$$$ is.. hysterical :grin:

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If NBA is against full-tech upgrade.. What about at least having a ref in the tv room too... At least for the last 2 mins, haha I mean they have enough money to hire more refs or add more technology etc, but.... I think then it'd be harder for the NBA to fix games, (heh, serious/not serious depending on game/refs about the fix :) )

Also... GSW obviously beat Bulls record of 72-10 by 1, this bull**** of 2 extra wins now instead of 1...is only because of the playoffs changing 7 game series in 03...****ing media/espn is full of ****.

I'm sure the Bulls would have been happy sweeping Miami in 4 instead of just 3.... While we're at it let's look at playoff record... Bulls only lost 3 playoff games, ****ing Warriors lost 3 in a series, lol. Yes, competition might have sucked, whatever.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I don't see the point of making the last two
    Minute report public. There are countless "missed calls" of varying degrees of importance throughout a game. By publicly nitpicking every single call at the end of a game, you just invite the rage of every irrational media talking head to say the refs blew the game.

A perfect case in point is the Harden game winner against GS. In the context of a very physical game, the refs decided not to call a borderline push off against Harden on a game-winning shot. However, by publicly releasing the report, every idiot on TV then says the Rockets shouldn't have won, disregarding the context in which the no-call happened.

I don't mind if they internally review every call, but releasing it to the public causes more problems than it solves.