1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA Referee) Bill Kennedy is Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Dec 14, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You think this thread titled "Bill Kennedy is gay" was made because OP regards him as a hero now? That doesn't sound very smart.

And unsurprisingly, you've mischaracterized what I posted. I said it was posted BECAUSE THIS IS A REPOSITORY FOR NBA NEWS AND THIS WAS NBA NEWS TODAY. Keep reading that until it sinks in, pls.

1 person likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think a thread titled' bill kennedy is gay' is made to talk about the fact that bill kennedy is gay. which is stupid and meaningless.

3. sew

sew Member

Probably not, but I know I'm not going to speak for an entire community I am not apart of.

You don't know.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Why do you guys even bother with tallanvor, et al?

Judging by his posting in this and other similar threads, he obviously has a WAAAAY bigger problem with gay people getting attention than the actual prejudice they face. Not hard to figure out his real issue on the subject matter.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Are you gay? Because if you aren't, then you can't really understand either.

6. KlutchQT

It's super obvious what his real issue is. A gay person is getting what he perceives as unwarranted/unjustified attention. The rest is a (poorly constructed) smokescreen.

[​IMG]

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't understand why any truly disinterested person should be bothered by a gay man being open about his orientation in response to people using gay slurs against him. For him to say nothing when that's going on could give the impression to those that know him that he's keeping it secret out of shame.

1 person likes this.
  8. tallanvor

Probably about the 4th time i've been misquoted in this thread:

Just read my posts before you respond. Is that asking too much? good grief. I seriously doubt ill get an apology of any kind. If you aren't gonna be kind enough to read my posts before misquoting me then why would i expect an apology?

whats my real issue? go for it. I've tried explaining how this kind of media hurts homosexuals and specifically Bill Kennedy and that's why i hate it, but go ahead and tell me what my real issue is.

#88 tallanvor, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Was I quoting you before?

[rquoter]I have a problem with the media and some posters response to assume this is news worthy and that Kennedy is some kind of hero.[/rquoter]

To respond to this, how many openly gay male officials are there in US sports? That makes it news for some who are interested in social issues like this. Maybe its not news *you* care about, but then 95% of what passes for news in sports media isn't interesting to me either. I don't make it a point to post "who gives a ****?" when I see a thread about it. I just ignore the thread.

As to your other point that the article was trying to portray him as a hero, I didn't see that. It included a letter of support from the NBA commissioner, but it would be an omission in a story like this to not include it.

1 person likes this.
  10. tallanvor

Who is this aimed at? If me, then yes you are, as i never claimed to be bothered by a gay man being open. If that isn't aimed at me, then i apologize.

Those are the ones I'm claiming are not treating homosexuals equally. DO you think there will be tons of hate signs protesting Bill Kennedy next game? Do you think anyone will demand he be fired? The only people who will care about his sexuality are ESPN commentators and the rest of the ****ty media who are gonna make Kennedys life suck for the rest of his career asking him about being gay.

I don't ignore the thread cause i think its harmful to homosexuals as i've explained many times. Why would anyone come out when they have to be hounded for interviews and questions from the media? sounds really ****ty

didn't say that. I said this thread's point was that. What else is the point of the thread? According to Klutch its to discuss the Rondo suspension.....lolz

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Already spelt it out. Pointless to discuss w/ someone who is painstakingly disingenuous, thus my initial post. Keep doing whatever you think you're doing. No one buys it.

But ramp up your post count if you think that somehow covers it up. Quantity is not greater than quality.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it's stupid and meaningless but it's bothering the hell out of me

nay, whatever

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

A homosexual homosapien male. Yawn.

15. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

This belongs to D&D. We are talking about basketball here and it is not hard to understand most basketball fans truly don't care whether a NBA referee loves a man or a woman.

It is annoying because we have to see ppl discussing someone's sexuality in a basketball section. You just can't escape those topics these days anywhere in this country.

And political correctness sucks, big time.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's hilarious when people play the victims and act as if someone forced them to do something they did of their own free will. Look at the thread title folks you don't have to read the OP and no one forced you to post. A bunch of cry babies, lol. The people who didn't care are the ones who didn't care to read or post in this thread.

17. KlutchQT

ETA: You know what -- nvm. Every person who responded to your posts in this thread saw you for what you are, so you got it.

18. mingthething

mingthething Member

newsflash. Black people can call other black people the n-word. No problem.

Remember that gif of Paul George yelling at Mario Chalmers after some egregious flopping by the latter?

Also, motherf**ker is not literal. And f*ggot is also not literal. Unless you know someone really had sex with their mum or was really a gay.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

"a gay."

:grin:

20. Handles

Handles Member

I think he means, "a hero" :p