1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA Referee) Bill Kennedy is Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Dec 14, 2015.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I don't think he's attention whoring. I have no problem with anything Kennedy did/said. I have a problem with the media and some posters response to assume this is news worthy and that Kennedy is some kind of hero. We don't live in Iraq where they stone you to death for this. He is as much a hero as I am for admitting I dig Asian women (Stop the presses!!!!!!).

2. You Stone

You Stone Member

This thread sucks.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Link to where someone called him a hero, please.

4. sew

sew Member

If you don't care, why waste your time telling people you don't care? Ignore the thread.

5. tallanvor

Just had to google 'Bill Kennedy hero'. took like 5 seconds:

http://mashable.com/2015/12/14/bill-kennedy-nba-ref-gay/#WkOTH5Ih9iqc

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/after_being_called_faggot_nba_ref_comes_out_to_send_a_message_to_young_athletes_about_shame

http://intrendio.com/gay-nba-ref-bill-kennedy-is-a-hero-for-rebuking-pro-sports-homophobia

what do u think is the reason the OP made the thread?

Because I feel really bad for Kennedy. All the guy wants, like any other homosexual, is for his sexuality to not be a big deal. Now hes gonna have to answer tons of questions and have butt heads talking about it. The media is gonna make a big deal out of his sexuality and that sucks for him. If people would stop writing articles liek the ones above and stop making threads like this one, the Bill Kennedys and Micheal Sams would have much better lives.

6. KlutchQT

I assumed you meant you saw it in this thread, since you said you had an issue with "some posters response to assume this is news worthy and that Kennedy is some kind of hero."

How do you know what he wants? I doubt he would have voluntarily disclosed his sexuality if he was afraid to have it discussed. And again, it is newsworthy primarily because Rondo just got done calling the man a f***** a few days ago. Like, this was not a random, out-of-the-blue announcement. Surely you can see why it would get more attention than it would have otherwise, given the context?

7. sew

sew Member

I actually don't think you know what Kennedy wants. This is akin to you claiming that the LGBT community doesn't care about this because 'the homosexuals you know,' don't care.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

so...you understand? ;)

9. tallanvor

I do mean posters in this thread. The whole point of the thread is to make Bill Kennedy appear a hero (u dodged my question btw). are u looking for the exact words 'some kind of hero'? oh sry they weren't used......

Read the title of the thread . where does it talk about Rondo? The original post is about Kennedy being 'gay'. why would the OP do that? Leave him alone. treat him like everyone else.

as opposed to TheRealist telling everyone what the homosexual community thinks?:

God forbid I try to disagree or rebuke his claim over the mindset of the homosexual community.

10. hotballa

I expect Adam Silver to release a similar statement in support of sexual lifestyle choices when a referee comes out as someone who enjoys being used as furniture.

11. hotballa

[lowers the troll flag] It should be pointed out that if a national celebrity personality said this, they would most likely be forced to quit or something to that effect.

12. sew

sew Member

He merely said that - clearly some people care and that we don't understand what a homosexual goes through. That's a little different than making blanket statements like, "homosexuals don't care, because my homosexuals friends don't."

Or "All the guy wants, like any other homosexual, is for his sexuality to not be a big deal." Blanket statements.

13. KlutchQT

So OP started the thread -- where he copied and pasted an article with no additional commentary -- because he personally believes Bill Kennedy is a "hero"? I suppose you know that the same way you know what Bill Kennedy personally wants / does not want, and the same way you know exactly how homosexuals as a whole feel / do not feel about this issue. Your tendency to impose your own unfounded assumptions/generalizations on others as fact is utterly ridiculous -- but it does tell me logic will be unavailing with you, so that's helpful.

And again, read slowly -- THE ARTICLE MAY NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RAJON RONDO, BUT BILL KENNEDY OPTED TO PUBLICLY DISCLOSE HIS SEXUALITY IN THE WAKE OF BEING OPENLY CALLED A f***** MULTIPLE TIMES DURING A GAME LAST WEEK. Again, surely you are bright enough to see the correlation? By the way, every single article you posted in support of your "America thinks he's a hero" supposition discussed Rondo's behavior towards him. I guess you're the only one who can't make the connection.

14. tallanvor

don't use double quotes if you are gonna misquote me. That's called lying. Also what you wrote does nto have the same context as what i said. Which is incredibly dishonest.

The OP did not start a thread that said 'Rondo being punished for calling gay ref a f*****'. He started a thread saying 'Bill Kennedy is gay'. This is stupid as it doesn't matter what his sexuality is. You still haven't told me what u think the point of the thread is (remember its called 'Bill Kennedy is gay'). You keep dodging.

15. KlutchQT

Dude is full of it. Went from "Who cares? Want a cookie? You're no hero!" to "I just feel such incredible empathy for homosexuals that I want to protect them from the scrutiny of the world" in 2 seconds flat. Wut?

16. rockets13champs

Bill kennedy about to get money and fame

17. tallanvor

MY responses have been very consistent. Stop treating homosexuals as special or different. Every one of my post as pretty much said this in some form. Also you make the same mistake as sew. Don't use double quotes unless you are quoting. That's called lying.

18. KlutchQT

What in the world am I dodging? o_O This is a forum about assorted NBA news. This was all over NBA-related social media today, DISCUSSED IN CONNECTION WITH TOMORROW'S RONDO SUSPENSION. Thus, it was posted here. Do I believe your assumption that it was posted with the intention of heralding Bill Kennedy as an unsung hero? No, I do not. Do I personally think Bill Kennedy is a "hero" for acknowledging his sexuality? NO, I DO NOT. Do I think that people like you who seem so incredibly bothered by the fact that everybody isn't yelling, "I DON'T CARE!" are ridiculous? Yes. Yes, I do.

19. sew

sew Member

I simply don't get why you think you're the voice for all homosexuals.

20. tallanvor

You think this thread titled 'Bill Kennedy is gay' was made as commentary for the rondo suspension? rly? that doesn't sound very honest.

You think homosexuals want to be treated as special and different? If you do, then making a thread heralding Bill Kennedy's sexuality makes total sense. From what I hear homosexuals saying though, I think otherwise.