1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA Referee) Bill Kennedy is Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Dec 14, 2015.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How many games did Bill Kennedy ref when Mobley / Francis were together? :cool:

1 person likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Honestly, nobody cares. I dont get the obsessive nature of this topic. We are all different in our own unique way. We dont celebrate it just because we are all unique.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You can always count on the "who cares" brigade when topics like this arise. I'd imagine that for those who choose to disclose their sexuality, it's less about an assumption that we will care and more about THEM taking the affirmative step to stand in their truth. Especially for someone like Bill who has spent the last 50 years without publicly acknowledging who he is.

One of my closest friends made a show of coming out to our group of friends in college. I'd known him since 4th grade and knew he was different long before I had a clear concept of what homosexuality was. Part of me wanted to tell him he didn't need to deliver a speech to tell us what we all already knew, but it was clear to me that it was something he needed to do for himself -- regardless of whether we already suspected, regardless of whether we "cared," etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I've told people this for the longest: there's a lot more merit to what Donaghy says than mainstream basketball wants to admit.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

I need to admit something to Clutchfans... I'm straight.... I like girls.... Sorry, I have been holding that in for so long.... Feel better, but you know what would make me feel even better... Approval of others that its okay for a guy to like girls....

6. CertifiedTroll

Salvy, I think they have an opening for you on Fox News.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's a good ref, that's all I care about.

8. KlutchQT

I'm pretty sure you understand the distinction between disclosing your membership in a category that is not considered the norm or the default and proclaiming your heterosexuality. But if you'd like to pretend to be purposely obtuse, it's your prerogative. **shrug**

Additionally, this comes on the heels of Rondo being suspended for openly calling Kennedy a f***** a few days ago based on a call he didn't like. If there was ever a time to say "screw it, this is who I am" and take some of the power back, now makes sense.

1 person likes this.
  9. KlutchQT

And as for Donaghy, I believe virtually every word of his book. Good read & well worth the couple of dollars.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone?

I wonder what other things the NBA is covering up.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seriously? Did the other 7th-graders laugh at that "joke"?
    <BR>

#31 topfive, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How do you know "nobody" cares, people do care, especially other gay people.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Being straight is biologically normal, being gay is abnormal. By that virtue, there is a huge distinction socially between admitting that you're straight and admitting that you're gay.

I have no earthly clue why people are too stupid to understand such a simple concept.

14. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I love how the people who don't care rush to this thread to proclaim their lack of caring. :rolleyes:

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rondo only getting a one game suspension is laughable

16. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I agree, but he is losing 87K which is a ton of money to lose.

17. Awesome

Awesome Member

Thats pretty funny because he was the exact guy trying to screw the Clippers in their last preseason game at Staples against Portland. I was there with my nephew that night, and he happened to run into Austin Rivers the next day ironically.

The guy is one of the worst refs in the NBA. Watch the kinds of calls he makes when you see him ref.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It matters to gay people duh, lol. Being in a majority makes you privileged and the less informed tend to make statements like this.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Is this sarcasm or should I really be looking up his book on Amazon right now? lol.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member