1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Ref Crawford got gun threat by Tim Duncan and Tony Parker!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kcplayoffs, Dec 2, 2012.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Unloaded means loaded? What a country!
    This sounds like everybody involved in your stories is overreacting.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I assume you meant loaded weapon. Either way, I'd argue it's those parents who were responsible for allowing easy access to a weapon and not teaching proper safety. An unfortunate accident for your stepbrother, too, but he should check to make sure the weapon isn't loaded (chamber counts, too) before he cleans it. All these things are common sense and proper gun safety.

3. seyton

seyton Member

Wait, there are people that don't know that a plastic gun with a plastic orange tip isn't actually a functioning weapon that can harm you? Damn.

4. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

He was trying to be joey crawford. the punisher targeted him and recruited nick fury for the overkill :cool:

6. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm not usually one to side with the PC crowd, but i could see the league having a problem with this. anything against officials typically doesn't go over well with any professional league. having a picture where you pretend to point guns at a named official (not just some guy in a referee uniform) can't be viewed as just fun and games by the league, if nothing else because the referee union expects a certain degree of protection from a league. the fact that they even took the picture seems pretty surprising and dumb coming from duncan and parker (saying they didn't expect it to be public is pretty irrelevant in the twitter/facebook world we now live in, you should expect everything to be public). i doubt much will come of it but i could see the league's side if it did.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Because they are "african-american" and thus have close gang ties........well at least to here you tell it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. amaru

amaru Member

You don't seem to understand the concept of "unloaded"

TBH it sounds like your stepbrother just wasn't very smart when cleaning his weapon.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So some are actually arguing that the league should be able to sanction dudes for how they dress/act at private halloween parties where no crime has been committed? The same league where Rodman used to cross dress?

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gun control is racist.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

irrespective of whether fines are doled out, that pic definitely creates a dilemma for the league office......i mean what happens when joey's assigned to sperz games now.....the media scrutiny alone is going to cause an unwanted spotlight on officiating

13. Major

Major Member

I don't see a problem with the league taking action here. The league's employees represent their company - when on and off duty. And if this brings an association that affects the company's image, they are rightfully going to react to it.

This isn't specific to the NBA. This is something a lot of companies would react to if the employee(s) involved were a public persona.

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm very troubled that Tim Duncan has a more developed sense of humor than most of the posters in this thread. ;)

15. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure if trolling.....but I take offense to people who suggest that criminal activity is an inherent quality of my people.

16. Major

Major Member

No one said that though. What you took offense to was:

Gun violence is a serious issue, in particular the NBA. Right or wrong, the hip-hop/black culture is to closely affiliated with gangs.

Do you disagree that there is a perception out there that gangs are affiliated with hip-hop and black culture?

17. amaru

amaru Member

Yes somebody did say that....in a round about way. He basically said " You know those blacks are associated with that gang life"

I agree the perception is out there but I disagree that it is true.

There are several things wrong his the highlighted statement.

1) What is "black culture"? Last time I checked there were 1 BILLION people of african descent on the planet and we don't all have the same culture. There are countless black cultures....and they are no more affiliated with gangs than any other culture.

2) Hip hop culture is not the same as black culture. Hip hop is a small part of African-American culture......a SMALL part. For those who don't know, there are other black people who are not African-American. Also gang culture is not unique to AAs.

I saw his stereotypical, ignorant and misguided statement and called him on it. When you are stupid enough to generalize 1/6th of the world's population based on your experiences with a handful.....you deserve to be called out.

1 person likes this.
  18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Like Tony Parker, who is French, and Tim Duncan, who is from the Bahamas. :)

19. Major

Major Member

Well then you agree with the poster you were criticizing. He specifically said "right or wrong", which indicates that he was pointing to a perception and not necessarily agreeing with it.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Duncan is from the U.S Virgin Islands.:)