1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA preseason games thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClearLakeTX, Sep 30, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't forget Ben Simmons.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Can't wait to see Frank Ntilikina of Knicks. I believe he would surprise a lot of people. It's a bold prediction, but I think Knicks may make the playoffs this year with him running at point. Possibility of him getting ROTY award then is pretty damn high..

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Relax! One Game

(in Preseason)

4. malakas

malakas Member

My biggest impression from yesterday's games is that the new Nike NBA jerseys aren't going to cut it. Too fragile.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Montrezl and Dekker aren't even in the rotation on the Clippers squad...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bev still has no Idea how to recognize when someone is open for a lob or how to throw one.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. whathappened

whathappened Member

Teodosic shooting like rubio right now.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Raps got a pretty solid starting 5

Lowry, DeRoz, Miles, Ibaka, Val

Top 4 in East perhaps

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Same can be said of the other two Rockets scrubs for Spurs - KJ McDonalds and Kyle "better than Ryan Anderson" Whitljer

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gallinari did the half-time interview for the Clippers local broadcast. It's disturbing that he speaks with an American accident rather than sounding like Mario from Super Mario Brothers.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bev and Rivers should not be bringing the ball up the court. Blake is a better passer and play maker; he should be the primary ball handler.

DJ not going to miss CP3's nagging, but he will miss his passes.

#31 DreamShook, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

RIP the lob in Lob City. I think Teodosic is the only guy who can throw one.

roslolian likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let's not overstate DJs importance to their offensive scoring.

Guess how many FG made DJ averaged over the last 4 yrs with Paul while playing more than 10mpg than Capela.

~4.8 FGM/gm

Capela averaged 5.6 on 10 less minutes. That .5 more than any year of DJs career. it's quite astonishing when you actually look at the numbers. I always thought he had many more FGs, but actually much less, given the minutes. And he doesn't really go to line much more either.

Willing to bet DJ has the same amount of makes with Teodosic, Bev and Rivers.

BigMaloe, Yung-T, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought DJ had a lot more attempts. Watching the way Harden plays with Capela, MontrezI and every other center/forward, I just assumed DJ (who I think is better than Capela) and Cp3 (who is a more pure PG and passer than Harden) would always be in the PnR. Watching Clippers games last year, that wasn't the case. CP3 and the Clippers weren't using the PnR as much as I thought they should, especially with freak athletes like DJ and Blake

CP3 comes to Houston, and all of a sudden, he is in awe of the offense (or lack of offense) makes sense now.

#34 DreamShook, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    roslolian and heypartner like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun doubt the fact that Teodosic can dish but can he score in the NBA?

Clippers would have 2 PGs with no elite scoring or good scoring. Rivers is meh.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Do you think he overtakes Bev and he becomes the side chik again?

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man I LOVE Bev, but he has very little play-making ability. Bev needs to stay in his lane and, play defense and hold up his "first team all-defense" finger after a steal. It looks like Clippers are trying to make him into a traditional PG and I don't think that is going to work when they realize Bev can't really pass.

I see Bev going back to the way he was here in Houston, 3 and D with Teodosic and Blake taking over the offense.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I see the same thing. Part of me is like shiit, do well because of what it took for him to get here but he needs to understand his role. Not everyone is Michael Jordan & I feel he thinks he's that on both ends sometimes.

Griffin is the luckiest sob on the planet. Mediocre talent and he's sitting there living off talented passing pgs.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

A lot of that has to do with Rivers ineptitude. I mean the dude has achieved nothing in his career, his claim to fame is winning title full of HOF vets like Allen KG and Pierce and that team basically coached itself.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Said it before, guy is really streaky and will shoot lights out in one game, crap in the next one. That said, he's a superb shooter and averaged great numbers for years, he's a far better scorer and shooter than Rubio.