1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Power Rankings: Rockets up to #3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sherlock, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

<a href="http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/">NBA Power Rankings:</a>

Houston 3 26-16 Great players rise their game up against great competition. Such was the case on Jan. 24 when T-Mac's 37 points were more effective than Duncan's 37 in a Rockets road win.

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking">ESPN's NBA Power Rankings (Daily)</a> has us at #3.

Houston 3 The last time I remember Houston playing this great was during the time of Hakeem Olajuwon. Not bad for a team plagued with key injuries!

very cool ... :)

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

sweet :)

3. jason_long

jason_long Member

we are the number one dark horse in the league. :D

4. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Foxsports.com also had the Rockets ranked at 3 for about a week. They are currently 4 but were moved there a day before the Spurs game (and the Spurs were moved to 3rd) so perhaps the Rockets will be moved back up to three in the next rankings.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This isn't a big deal. #3 is where we belong. People here can't say we are being disrespected and other fans can't say we are too high.

6. AXG

AXG Member

I'm impressed. This is the highest ranking the Rokets have been in nearly a decade. But now it seems that much of the media is more optimistic than many of our fans. :rolleyes:

7. AggieRocketFan96

This ranking is even more impressive considering the recent 3 game slide. As a serious JVG disliker, I am a bit impressed he has been able to keep the team playing well despite the loss of Yao. Credit Deke and JHO for stepping up their games through all of this.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering we are only 2 games behind the spurs, haven't been blown out in any game, and have been playing without one of our stars for the last months, we are doing pretty good. It doesn't stop me from complaining about Rafer's shot selection though :).

On the record though I think Rafer is going to shoot less and at a higher clip when Yao gets back.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I have to give credit to CD. The Battier trade accomplished what it was meant to, allow the team to win now.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we hold at 3, when Yao comes back will we go to 1?

Can't see any reason we should go less than 7-2 over the next 9 games.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I credit the Lord above because He guides the players who win despite the coach.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Haha such negativity in this Optimism.

Anyways, I guess I'm a little bit less optimistic than these power rankings. I feel like right now we are at about #4-5. In my mind, we still have a bit to go to reach the Spurs, Suns, and Dallas' level.

We're 1 game under the Jazz, but we're clearly better than them despite the season-opening loss. I might get flamed for this, but I think we're almost at par with the Kobe's--I mean Lakers. They've been doing fantastic without Odom..

btw, off subject--why are the Nuggets still sucking?

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Why is everyone getting hyped up on the power rankings. They don't mean anything?

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Odom's back... at least I am fairly certain he threw the ball in the last possession of regulation yesterday.

When the lost... to the Spurs... who we beat this week. :)

15. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

Not to mention people conveniently forgot we blew out the Lakers just a couple weeks ago.

16. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

Maybe there will be a Power Ranking Championship at the end of the season :D

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

18. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

freakin sweet

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We're winning at least a third of our games based on effort. Believing this kind of hype could easily cost us a couple of games a month.

Note to ESPN et al: Please, please drop us out of the top 10.

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Marc Stein= huge douch