1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA player of the week: west Jokić, east Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

They try to limit these awards. I think the most Bron has won in a month is 2, same as Jimmy.

Harden "deserved" it and is a he clear MVP at this early point, but Jokic keeps proving he's the real deal. At this point in time, I might... might... take him over Towns. I like that the fact he's getting love.

James just needs to keep doing his thing, loving what I'm seeing out of him

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I personally think Harden will do very similar things with CP3 back on our squad. He went for 27 and 10 in the one game with CP3 and that was against the World Champs. I think it will get easier but his numbers will stay very close to what they are now.

photojoe likes this.
  3. theimpossibles1

If Altuve wins MVP or if Harden gets awards that's all fine and dandy.

There's only 1 award that really matters and it's championships.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the reigning western conference player of the week currently shooting 2-8 from the field for 5pts in 27min whilst getting blown out by drexlerfan's "big 3". silver with egg dripping off his hangglider earz

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't understand why you guys can't grasp that this award has nothing to do with the skill of a player or the performance that week. Same with MVP.

6. pippsux

pippsux Member

Espn try to force their narrative down our throats and NBA follows. Harden has been the best player in the western conference for the last two weeks.
    They are waiting for the rockers to stumble so they can feed the same played out narrative without even watching a single game. Pathetic.

Right now the narrative is because cp3 is on the team Harden's leadership has improved and also that Cp3 is a bad fit for the rockets because Harden is playing the position so well....wtf????

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I didn't realize there was voter fatigue for player of the week awards.

8. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Harden shoulda won

9. Rockets4Life13

There are just bigger things to worry about. I'm pretty sure Harden doesn't even care, so why should we?

By this point, it's obvious that Media trys to **** on Harden every chance they get. Not making a All-NBA team with that numbers? Not getting the 2 MVPs he deserved? Couldn't care less about player of the week after those things.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Man jokic is soooo fun to watch. I truly enjoy his game.

While I don't agree with you in regards to taking him over towns, it's worth noting how terrible KAT has been at defense. He is the main reason for their horrible defense this year imo. If you look at their defensive rating with him on vs off its shocking.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just like reading tea leaves, ‘cept Adam Silver calls the shots after watching his turds flush down the bowl. True story