1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA MVP race looks very different than it did a month ago | The Jump | ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m just more optimistic about his chances this year...I feel like this is the strongest case he’s ever made, and nobody else has the combo of compelling narrative and stats to deny him

I could look like a straight up naive fool a few months from now, but I really do feel like it’s his year...I see him winning MVP as long as he and the team don’t fade and having the best playoff run of his career

BigM likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kyrie deserves it more.

He is the only reason Celtics are first in a much tougher Conference.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Westbrook is close. They love him. If he gets the triple double plus gets in the top 4 in the West. They will be singing his praise

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yea, that was sad. Basically confirmed what we all knew to be true. Harden is held to a completely separate standard.

Deuce, Richie_Rich and BigM like this.
  5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Skip Clueless Bayless said, Westbrook is coming on strong and will win it again.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

The amount of stupid logic among these so called analysts is mind boggling.
    To win a regular season win MVP award, you need to win a championship? So what do you give the finals MVP?

Look I will forgive these idiots for shafting him the other 2 years (curry and westbrook) but don't do this to him this year.

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Is this sarcasm? My meter broke today.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Shaq's commentary was so many levels of stupid.

It went "he's got some bad boys in front of him like Kyrie, Giannis, Curry and Westbrook, LeBron"

In front of him at what, the line at Long John Silver? Like, if anybody has Harden ****ing fifth or 6th on their MVP vote they should be be barred from ever going to an NBA game again. The Andersons should get their tickets.

"He needs to win a title first"

The stupid of this...i can't even can't. Not only is that temporally absurd, given the very obvious regular season nature of the award, and obviously not a requirenent that anybody has followed given the last 5 first time winners did no such thing (Westbrook, Durant Curry Rose James) ....but ****ing Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal won his first (and only) MVP in 2000 prior to winning a title.

That was basically peak dipshit Shaq which just happened to coincide with peak Harden.

9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. People lose interest if everyone agrees Harden is running away with it... which he is.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I couldn't believe when he said that. Like, why wasn't Westbrook held to that standard?? It's a joke that you still have people fighting for the field.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden has been MVP since day one. Didn't need a 60 pt performance to convince me.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets maintain their pace and Harden maintains consistency, he will will the MVP. It's hard to make a case for Curry who's really only stat is his 50% 3 point shooting but when you consider the spacing he gets with Durant, Green, Klay, and other shooters and the fact that the Warriors aren't putting up a 70 win season and only have a 3 or 4 game lead on the Rockets - that's too much to overcome.

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Harden 8th in the league in stl/gm with 1.86, is that for real? More than guys like Russ / Lebron/ Rubio...