1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 09 Demo(XBox Live Marketplace)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisianaRocket, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

HEY YOU SUCK!
    [​IMG]

2. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

This is ridiculous. I can drive in with any player on turbo, hold X, and score over anyone, 95% of the time........

3. YourSecretLover

your mommas t*tties! :D

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I found a glitch for you, Stand at the 3 point line and pump fake until you are under the basket. Now dunk.........

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This + great marketing is what helps sells NBA Live. Live is not a basketball game, people who play live just likes to run fast breaks, dunk and score a crap load by ISOing a single player, do some trick dribbling and dunk. It's a perfectly fine and fun game, it's probably closer to a fighting game (do things in a certain order to attack, do a couple of other things to counter it) than anything else. There are skills involved, it's just not a basketball game.

NBK 2K games are actually game simulations, but most people would be annoyed with it. For example, the Franchise mode is a popular feature on Madden and I like it. However, if you ever try to get me to play a real franchise sim game like championship manager (soccer game), I'd hated because it is to realistic with too much micro managing. I like 2K series because I enjoy the nuisance of having to run plays and pass the ball ten times before I score and not just hold down turbo for 3 seconds and dunk. Not everyone is into that.

2K and Live are 2 different kind of game for 2 diff kind of people

6. LouisianaRocket

huh? I don't see what you are talking about. I pump fake, but the player does not move... make your controller is messed up or something.

7. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

On Operation Sports the pump fake your way to a dunk is a confirmed glitch. The Live guys know...

8. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Both b-ball series have been severely flawed this generation. But I think that anytime people try something new,they are going to crap all over it and look for things wrong. So all the 2k players crapping all over Live really isn't too surprising. People also have some crazy loyalty to Take Two like they are not making games for profit just like EA.

To act like 2k last year wasn't anything but a dunk-fest when playing against a human opponent is laughable. That seems to be the nature of both games this generation. Make it all run and gun seems to be the slogan. I actually liked both games last year in single-player mode. I did give the nod to Live though. I am looking forward to this DNA stuff they are hyping this year.

9. JD2010

JD2010 Member

<a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42185217">NBA 2K9 Teaser Video #3</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=42185217,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=42185217,t=1,mt=video,searchID=,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>

10. magman

magman Member

I used to play Live until 2005, every year it looks promising, but it always ends the same way: buying 2k.

2k9 will be better, here is an early build and a crappy resolution pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Those pictures look terrible...and I'm not talking about the resolution. The players look like pieces of paper cut out and placed on a court.

With that said, I've bought NBA live ever since Mitch Richmond was on the cover in 97. For the last few years, I've been disappointed with NBA Live's product (probably since 2003) and I'm ready for 2K9. Just please tell me the graphics are better than what I see above.

12. magman

magman Member

Like I said, that's an early build, and these are leaked screens by some french people. Whatever the method they used to take the pics caused the edges to look jaggy.

The final product will not look as jaggy.

The face models look better than before

[​IMG]

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

There is no anti-aliasing in those graphics. So yeah, the graphics will look better than that.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Thats a good comparison and a good post. I just like that "real" basketball feel to 2K. Not an arcade guy at all...... 2K just feels somuch more challenging which is what I love about it.......

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

wtf, those look like PS2 screenshots

Here are some GOOD 2K9 screenshots

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/954/954501/imgs_1.html

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Isn't it always a dunk fest? Atleast, when i play it is. I've always over-dunked, it's just part of the games. If you don't do it, you're probably not that good at these games (atleast that's my experience). Video games will never get that right, though. I think they want to keep some arcade type of stuff in there for the kids. But i would love to see them factor these dunks into fatigue and maybe add a little dignity for the guys who get dunked on.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Playing against someone online is completely different, because the majority of people online are horrible at playing solid defense.

I could turbo to the basket and score on every single possession in that NBA Live demo.

In 2K that stuff will get swatted real quick............

18. LouisianaRocket

19. LouisianaRocket

blah blah blah, put live 08 if you have it and watch me dominate you on defense alone. people only average only 73 points a game on me, people just never learn how to play defense on the game.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Why in gods name would I own that horrible piece of crap.......

And read my post, online is a whole different beast......
    If you are a decent defender in Live, You would be a shutout defender in 2K lol......

And btw 73 in 5min quarters is a ton......thats ridiculous......