1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 09 Demo(XBox Live Marketplace)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LouisianaRocket, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. LouisianaRocket

whatever floats your boat.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I haven't really looked into GameSpot's criteria for E3 awards, but I wouldn't doubt it if NBA 2K wasn't eligible (although maybe they called it out, not sure). I think the 2K guys usually like to keep things quiet about the game, so I don't know if they went all out in showing it at E3 (pretty sure they showed it, but maybe only behind closed doors). Some of these sort of presentations are usually not eligible (EX: Heavy Rain was at E3, but it didn't make many lists AFAIK, and it would definitely be nominated for a few things).

That and as previously mentioned, GameSpot is far from the greatest source for this stuff. Besides the previously mentioned fact about how they've been manipulated in the past by EA, I'm not sure they're all that knowledgeable on this sort of stuff (glancing at some of their other picks, they seem pretty horrible). If anything, go by the official E3 awards or something...haven't even checked them out, so maybe Live is on there too.

As for Live, I'll wait until I can play it. In recent years, EA has been bad about having a lot of bugs, inconsistent framerate, and broken gameplay features in their games, especially with NBA Live (Live 07 had some horrible issues IIRC). Until I am certain that they've gotten over those issues, I might start looking into the game itself...although I can't say I'm expecting much from it.
    Is it the official game? I didn't think the NBA gave out official rights. If it was the official game, it would be the only NBA game I would think.

Now Sony tends to do some promotional stuff with the NBA (mostly All-Star stuff), and they get some time to promote the game then (maybe even as the official game, although as marketing speak rather than a true fact). Maybe I am wrong about it all though. Haven't really paid attention to the NBA series.

3. LouisianaRocket

I dunno what ya'll are talking about, but this demo is absolutely insane.

4. LoveRoxHateJazz

Who the hell wants to play defense? Video games are meant to be fun.

NBA Live is funner, NBA 2k8 is more realistic.

5. LouisianaRocket

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I think we need an open poll so people can't vote twice. Make it happen LouisanaRocket.

7. LouisianaRocket

why, we all know who everyone will vote for despite not even playing 2k's demo yet.

8. LouisianaRocket

gotta play D on Live 09 demo, or the CPU just absolutely destroys you. And I am no scrub at NBA Live, I am one of the better players at Live 08, record would be 10x better if it wasn't for punks freeze glitching. This demo is absolutely amazing.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

You've played 2K's demo?

10. LouisianaRocket

nope, but I can tell you right now that Live has made the improvements to put it's self back on top as the premier basketball game for nex-gen consoles. Can't wait to play Online Team Play.

11. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

I love playing defense.........

I think Basketball is perfect. Therefore, the most realistic game of basketball is the best game.

I like getting Battier and trying to shut down Kobe, Lebron etc.....

12. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I agree.

I really need to try and play the demo to see if it is as hyped up as LousianaRocket is making it to be.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats laughable, 2K could put out NBA 2K6 and it would rape NBA Live......

This "Demo" is broken............

14. LouisianaRocket

I tried all the glitchy stuff that turned people away from NBA Live, No fast break glitches, no basketballs going through the backboard.. Real NBA Teams playbooks, running the triangle offense is pretty freaking amazing.

The pick and roll system is right. you actually have to time your shots, the ankle break moves are geat and the lock down defense to counter it is even better. I can't wait till this game drops.

signature dunks, shots, free throws... I can;t wait to see Hayes shooting FT's on this game, it's going to be hilarious.

15. LouisianaRocket

Just like how 2k8's demo was "broken" 2k8 had the crappiest demo ever. and people still love the game.

16. LouisianaRocket

I think all you 2k8 fans will be buying both games this year. I can't do anything I can do on Live 08. This is a much much much better game and HUGE improvement from Live 08. get ready to buy both ya'll.

17. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

I disagree. It was very similar/almost exact to the actual game.
    The devs turned off the commentary and presentation features...
    The gameplay itself was outstanding! And that's what matters.

The gameplay in this demo is whats broken, but the presentation/graphics are nice....

18. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

You're years behind then. 2k been had all of that covered.

19. LouisianaRocket

how is the gameplay broken? :confused:

20. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

My thoughts based on playing the demo.....

Its some improvement. But its still far off from 2k. The gameplay is mediocre at best, which is far better than the past couple years, but couldn't hold a candle to 2k6. The presentation as usual is good and that realtime DNA feature looks interesting, but none of that will turn me to waste my money on this.