1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Survey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Apr 8, 2015.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

well I'm about to sign up for the year long account using the fonzi gave me. still scared my connection isn't up to snuff. I got a crap 4 mbps download speed 1 mbps upload speed. I would be using this on a Roku with wireless connection. Should I make the jump?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Should be fine unless your router is from 1999.
    I was going to purchase Ballstreams until I realized they raised the rate from $60 for a year to $100 for a year. Yikes.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think a year was $89.99. Then they changed to $99.99 this past year. The $60 was just a short promotion a couple years ago. I may be wrong.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Did the same last season. A real bargain doing it that way.
    Watched through ipad, or xbox (one and 360) or even through PC.

But was shocked when I was in the states earlier in the year re blackout games. Something we don't get being in Australia.

I'll definitely be getting the premium next season so I can get NBA TV as well.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I paid for the full premium last year - fully justifiable to me considering the amount of basketball I watch.

My brother had his set to India like one member previously said, and had no issues with it whatsoever.

I think I'll go that route this year and save some money.

PS: if anyone isn't aware of the Apple TV product..... It's $109 or something like that in Australia.

There's an NBA TV app preloaded into it, simply sign into your League Pass account... and watch every NBA game in full HD on your tv. Was a revelation just before the Playoffs this past season.

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I cant remember the steps to doing the whole VPN thing so i'll be leaning on someone to give me the details. Such an easy way to get it cheaper than the ridiculously overpriced league pass

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

I have LP (for some years now) and I'm very pleased with it. No way I'm going to give it up. Worth every penny.

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Just Google something like 'how to get cheap NBA league pass' and a heap of info comes up.
    Instructions from 1 site:
    1: go to http://proxylist.hidemyass.com/ and find a suitable proxy with good speed and connection strengh
    2: input the proxy into your computer, i had to use a proxy for HTTP and HTTPS as the website uses both through the signing up process.
    3: reset your browser and go to nba.com/leaguepass. Sign up and pay, i used my credit card and used my personal address as the biling address.
    4: once your account is set up remove the proxy settings log into your account and change your password just to be safe.

Works a treat! Enjoy.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It makes no GD sense to me that NBA TV is not part of League Pass Broadband. How do they not have a live stream channel?!

1 person likes this.