1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Survey

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Ballstreams is awesome.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I plan to make the jump this year (once I get an invite). I would've done it earlier but I was convinced it would get shut down and I would've paid for nothing.

3. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I switched to Ballstreams last season.

This way I don't get blacked out when they're playing in California

I also had zero problems with streaming and they had like a chat going on with the game, which made it kind of fun sometimes.

Really loved it! :grin:

4. dmoneybangbang

How does the invite work? I tried last season but never heard back.

5. dmoneybangbang

It's crazy how much sports have become big business.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I had league pass last season. Absolutely loved it. Except when rockets played on NBA TV. I don't have cable as I'm a cord cutter so using my Apple TV to stream was amazing. I was a few seconds behind but being able to rewatch games and other teams was worth it. Will sign up again this season.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not buying this year unless they lift the blackout on National Broadcasts. Rockets will be on way too many of them, so it's a rip off.

There aren't really any ads. The entire halftime show is looking at boxscores and listening to the damn muzak. That's why I like to start about 15 minutes behind and rewind a lot to rewatch a play, because you can skip over the ads and skip halftime completely.

Plus, you might be over-estimating how many people watch, since the local fans are blacked out. I think your idea will only work if they lift the local blackout.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait, what does League Pass mean? Is it still just five teams, or is it the entire league? Why won't they just sell us the entire league. I've never understood that.

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'm in Australia, I went ballstreams last year and i hated it - it sucked for me.. I then used VPN and set myself to India and paid half price for international league pass.

If anyone wants access to my ballstream account to subscribe to it in Houston I am happy to let someone have it so then you don't have to be invited.

10. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

That League Pass should be the entire league, I paid that last year for the entire thing. Broadband may be different though, Idk for sure.

6.99 a game is ridiculously high IMO. And like some say the Rockets may be on national a lot, so getting the one team is better idea I would think. Also for me I do the whole thing, for 80 bucks more I get every game, I am east coast so I check out the 7PM EST games, until it's 8PM EST when we come on, and pop on Root Sports.

11. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I live in Austin with Uverse and it was blacked out for me last season for the Rockets, but available for the Astros. I assume we are in Spurs territory.

I used 'alternative methods' this year, but I will probably get league pass to watch the upcoming season.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I live out of town. Why wouldn't out of towners be able to get the Houston feed for every game if it's a "team LP?" Doesn't make sense if they don't.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

82 games for $120 is an excellent value -will buy.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A couple of years back I got the 5 select teams for league pass broadband and I always got the home team feed even though I had Rockets as one of my "teams."

So yea while it doesn't make any sense I wouldn't put it past League Pass to pull that.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

can I have it? I've been trying to get my invite accepted for ages.

16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

sure can, I am not great with PM's and clutchfans, but send me one and I'll give you login details

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i didnt get ballstreams 2 years ago because i thought it would get shutdown.

last year i did and it worked almost flawlessly. here is to hoping for another season of good bball.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Email sent.

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Replied all the details in there for you

20. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I got Root Sports so I'm gucci