1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So I have TWC and was only getting the games in standard definition. But I could see the channels for the HD version but when I tried to watch them it said I could not. Customer Service was useless. Did some forum digging and someone said it was the set-up box. Sure enough I went in today and swapped my Scientific Atlantic box for a Cisco HD one and presto, I get the HD channels I could not before.

In other words, check your set-up box!

2. Yellow

Yellow Member

Can somebody please tell me what is exactly 'by 5 november'. What does it mean, 5 november or before??

3. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I have League Pass Premium (international). Questions...

1, not all games have choice of home or away feed? I figure there are some games that choices are not available!

2, How can I choose home or away feed from my iPad/iPhone???

4. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

Why is the free vpn service not good?

5. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I've been using Spotflux for the past week...haven't had any problems at all. It's working so well, I think I'm gonna purchase NBA LP Broadband. It's an easy work around the blackout

6. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

I have been trying to watch the other games not the rockets via with the vpn service on and it is a bit choppy when I go full screen. I will see how the Rockets game does tonight. It was near perfect the other day when they were on LP.

7. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I haven't had any problems, even going full screen. I expected it to lag or get stuck, hasn't yet.

8. hardensanity

hardensanity Member

I was getting some lagging tonight. On Saturday the game was perfect . I was trying to watch on my 50 inch tv from laptop like on Saturday and was skipping so bad and I was on a wired connection. So I am having to watch on my 32 inch tv and seems to be doing good.

Its odd that Saturday was perfect and today I am having issues.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Anyone's audio terrible tonight on the houston feed?

10. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Repped +1.

It worked and thanks Scionxa. I was fortunate enough to call Directv and get League pass for free. I logged into league pass broadband, got my subscription verified, and started watching after above instructions. I bought a vga to hdmi adapter, however, I'm taking it back cause the picture quality is not much different just going from my laptop vga to tv vga. I do not have a hdmi on my laptop. I use the laptop sound. But, at least I get to watch the Rockets. With that being said, the max I would be happy to pay for CSN Houston is $10/month. I'm paying $7/month for the vpn. Get it done Crane

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Huh? Are they in a different place. because I have TWC and I haven't seen the HD channel other than 920 which was always the one HD LP had to offer. What number are the HD League Pass channels you're talking about? Why would one box show them and another not, it's not like the Scientific Atlanta box couldn't handle HD was it?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So I had trouble finding the HD channels - they weren't searchable at first. I think if the box can't show them it tries not to display them? So you have to find the HD channels first obviously. It's not easy.

Anyway - here is the post I had found which led me to the solution - and it did indeed work:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1437189/nba-league-pass-hd-problems-time-warner

13. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Thanks for the discount code. I already paid $189 for the League Pass, but ATT gave me credit on the next month bill.

However, I looked at my bill, and besides the NBA Pass fee of $189, my bill went up by another $50.

They said it was taxes from the League Pass.

Why would we have to pay a 26% tax (more than double the regular tax) just from buying the League Pass?

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

So you've done it, but can't tell me what channel?

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Dude, I'm trying to help you! Geez. I don't live in Houston.

Go here: http://tvlistings.timewarnercable.com/findTvListings/

Type in your zip and do a search for "Team HD" that's what the channel is that I am getting league pass on.

Oh, you're welcome!

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Did the preview end, because right now I am watching the Raptors vs Blazers for free?!?!?

18. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Couple of questions:
    (1) Are there any proxy or other special settings for Spotflux that need to be set to identify location as something other than Houston, say Orlando, FLorida?
    (2) When you sign up for NBA League Pass with your cable/satellite company, do they give you log in credentials (such as userid and password) and if so, does not your cable TV account fix your location? Or is the broadband access independent of that?
    Thanks!

19. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

That's ridiculous. I ave directv and dont pay a dime in taxes for NBA LP or NFL ST. In fact I pay a total of $3.60 in taxes. Only pay on the receivers, and only state tax, not city taxes.