1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Of course you use it, I learned about it from you last season ;). I have Chromecast as well. I forgot all about streaming from a Chrome tab. Honestly, I haven't used the thing more than 3 or 4 times since it was delivered. But that could be a quick fix.

BTW, has anyone had any luck with getting a discount on NBALP through your carrier? I have DirecTV and was planning to call up and complain about the CSNHouston thing and try and parlay that into a discounted/free deal on NBALP.

2. basketballrock

thanks

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I'm from overseas and am getting International League Pass (this is my 3rd year).

But I notice this year, they're not offering the single team plan, only the plan for all teams.

Is everyone else in other countries getting the same deal? I don't really want to pay for all the games, but if it's the only deal they're offering, then I would need to.

4. Unstable

Unstable Member

Under their broadband package I see a 5 favorite team option which is lower cost than getting all 30 teams.... But I am not getting LP it keeps hanging on me....

5. conquistador#11

using my maurylegend app, It's 26$ for each team, a minimum of 5 teams which comes out to a total of 130$. that's 410 games at around 32 cents per game entertainment.

you also get a whopping 10$ off with an email coupon.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

that's even more expensive.

the ILP plan I'm seeing costs $99.99 for all the games, or $9.99 monthly. IIRC last year I paid $60 for my Rockets plan then paid a little extra when we got into the playoffs.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol, he's just describing the league pass broadband choice package.

technically though, conquistador, you have to take away the number of nationally aired games for your five teams (26 times for the Rockets) and then take away the number of times your five chosen ones play each other (you wouldn't count those game twice)

but I like your number crunching! a product that is worth it for rabid NBA fans, especially out of market ones...

8. Jow

Jow Member

So I know I'm an idiot, but I can't find where to put in the promo code for league pass. I know earlier in the thread someone said that it was on the right hand side of the page, but I don't see anything along those lines. Maybe I made an error along the way?

-I went to the League Pass page
    -Selected 5 Team Broadband
    -Selected one time payment
    -Logged into my account
    -I was then taken to a checkout page asking for my CC info. There is no place for the promo code on this page :confused:

I'm hesitant to click checkout since the page makes it sound like I will be immediately charged if I do. Is this incorrect? And is the place to put the promo code on the next page?

I'm probably just missing something obvious and being dumb. Any help is much appreciated!

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Nope, only two options appearing for ILP where I'm at--
    $99.99 yearly subscription OR $9.99 monthly subscription

Oh well, seems I have no option but to get the 30-team package. Maybe the local NBA office (Philippines) needs money.

Can't wait to see the Rockets here next week

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Doesn't look like DirecTV offers any NBALP discounts since it's not exclusive to them like NFL Sunday Ticket. However if your contract is up or you've been a good long term customer you can try to see if they'll give you a discount on other items on your monthly bill. They do offer discounts on receiver fees and programming to keep you as a happy customer. $5 or $10 off a month for 6-12 months can help offset the cost of NBALP.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Q: Is anyone else having trouble with activation, i.e. logging in with their NBA all access credentials after supposedly completing activation?

Seems that there is some new glitch every year, no matter what I do.

12. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I'm having the same problems with activation. Not sure though if preseason is included, though. Anybody know?

13. CrazyDave

I think it's not included on broadband, but I was sure hoping it was going to be on tv. judging by the looks of the guide though (Time Warner here) there's not much indication of a game being shown.

14. across110thstreet

pre season games are not included in league pass broadband

15. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

They were promoting the OKC in Turkey game at first as the first preseason game. But eventually that game was only available on mobile not broadband. Broadband now promoting Bulls-Pacers as the first preseason game.

Quite a mess up on their part (What else is new?) I'm assuming Rockets Pelicans should be available though.

16. moose

moose Member

My activation isn't working either.

17. across110thstreet

League Pass Broadband and International League Pass- two different products.

preseason games are not available here in the US as part of the broadband package

check your account under payment methods. I had an old credit card number on file that got declined and got an email about it yesterday.

as long as I get in before the early bird special expires, I'm not worried about signing up yet...

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Same here, but I have since got the issue resolved.

What happened was I got a notice saying my NBALP HAD BEEN renewed, and when I went to activate it on the NBA account online it said it could not be authorized.

I then called my cable provider (Verizon) and found out that actually I had not been renewed even though I got notice that I had been. They had to manually activate me over the phone, and within 24 hours I then was able to authorize my account online.

So as annoying as it may seem I would suggest calling your cable company to A. Make sure you have actually do have the package on your account, and B. Make sure they manually activate it as well. At that point, you should be able to then activate your account.

Also, make note that NBALPB has yet to load the page where you can see upcoming games you have access to. You will still be taken to another advertisement page for NBALP. There really isn't any need to activate your account yet anyways other than just to make sure you have the package come October 30th.

Hope that helps. Basically you have a full month to get it figured out anyways since NBALP or NBALPB DOES NOT show preseason games. However NBATV shows a good deal of them. I think there are about 4 of the 8 preseason games being shown on NBATV. For the remaining games, you are going to have to look for the games secondhand either through a shady website, or torrent download again from a shady website.

I personally think its BS that the NBA does not give preseason games at least on Broadband for its subscribers. These are almost always hardcore fans that have a huge interest in seeing new players and rookies. The fact that they knowingly withhold preseason games tells me that the people in charge have no idea who their primary audience really is or don't care.

All they are doing is reinforcing illegal website like ballstream & firstrowsports to continue streaming their product. You give the preseason games to the fans, and you do away with fans EVER being introduced to those type of websites in the first place.

19. moose

moose Member

Thanks, I will def. give them a call. Since pre-season is is not on LPBB, no rush.

20. CrazyDave

I ordered mine through Time Warner over the phone, so there shouldn't be a problem with payment options. I "activated" today, and it verified I had paid, but then when I hit "submit" it says there is a problem, "You are already enrolled." but the deal is, I'm not able to login with my nba allaccess credentials on any of the mobile devices. Maybe it's because they aren't showing games yet, but I don't know why it wouldn't just let you login to confirm you're ready to go whenever. Maybe it just takes time... I don't know, but it's weird it seems to act like it doesn't recognize my allaccess login account, which I've had for several years now.

I agree, the lack of preseason on broadband (still not sure if it will be on TV or not?) stinks, and it does seem to encourage people to find the content elsewhere instead of signing up for LP. Not a smart move.