1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Q&A

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kumakun, Sep 14, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I officially don't trust Mr Dominant.

yeah the quality is that good in lpbb

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What you mean?

3. across110thstreet

he came back to the League Pass thread to continue to try and hawk his illegal streaming service.

I personally want nothing to do with ballstreams.com

4. atxjames

atxjames Member

I just got an email from nbalp that they charged me today for my subscription to league pass. I was charged 28.99 for ONE regular season game! wtf. I will get charged again on Nov. 1st, so I will only get the opener before getting charged again.

I checked but it says pre-season games arent included in this. Is this true?

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Wtf?

BallStreams isn't my service. I am in no way affiliated with them.

I appreciate your deep and serious concern for the illegality of BallStreams, but that's something we're all taking a chance on. Only because their HockeyStreams.com has been up and safely running since 2007, remember?

I'm pretty sure BallStreams has helped many people here on ClutchFans and not everyone has your insensitive, negative mindset of not trusting a member here like myself just trying to help his fellow members out here on ClutchFans. I'm also pretty sure many people wouldn't be able to watch our Rockets this season if it wasn't for me constantly bringing up BallStreams. I'm just crossing my fingers hoping everything works out positively with the site and it stays up and running.

Why so much hate man? I haven't done anything to you.

6. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

No one knows if you're affiliated with that site or not.

What we ALL know however is that they're pirating a product and selling it illegally.

I have a hard time believing that even an implicit endorsement of an illegal site is not a violation of the terms of service of this this forum as well.

7. across110thstreet

this is the league pass thread.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Stop being so insensitive street. I thought you were nice.

I summon the Antec.

9. across110thstreet

I am a big fan of nbalp and not a big fan of hijacking threads to re-direct the conversation about the other available service.

I am playing nice, I've tried saying nothing at all, because that's what my mom taught me.

you didn't get charged for one game.

you got charged a $28.99 installment for the 5 team choice package.

you will be billed 4 more installments.

your account will be active on opening night and will continue to work.

you should have done the one time payment for $129.99 though, to save $15

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Question. I'm on auto-renewal with DirecTV for League Pass (which includes broadband). My bill already has the League Pass renewal notice but it has yet to charge me. I attempted to activate league pass broadband last night but it wouldn't allow.

I'm assuming this is because it hasn't charged me yet? and if so, does anyone with DirecTV and league pass know when it'll start authenticating? When I had Time Warner Cable, I was able to authenticate before the pre-season even started which is why I ask. However, with TWC, I had to manually authenticate by e-mailing a copy of my bill. DirecTV has it's own token auth system

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It should do it soon, but if you want, once you do get the charge on your bill, you can open a ticket with League Pass Support and upload your bill. They can activate it after they see the charge on your bill. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, idk. I've had both Dish and DirecTV League Pass for the past 6 years or so, and LPBB activation has been hit or miss for either one.

12. Scionxa

Figured. This is how I had to activate last year. Thanks for your response

13. smr6

smr6 Member

I'm considering getting LP this year. I really want to see how this team will mesh and the progress throughout the year.

14. atxjames

atxjames Member

Thanks for the heads up.. so on the email, it said pre-season games arent included but I read in other threads that they were included. Any conformation?

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't think they do preseason games.

16. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I just got my auto renewal notice and it does not include pre-season.

But what I did read is that we will be able to choose which broadcast team we get to hear/see.

Last season, every time Houston play Utah I had to deal with the Utah announcers and Root Sports....those guys were so not entertaining.

If I can the Houston announcers I will be so happy --- they are so much more entertaining. Love Bill, Matt & Clyde

17. Scionxa

I don't re-call them being included in LP Broadband last year, but I do know for a fact that SOME pre-season games were broadcasted on LP TV last year. I'm assuming for testing purposes.

18. atxjames

atxjames Member

That would be great.. I do remember watching that same game and they were boring. I will take Clydes captain obvious over a nap.

19. MonKing

MonKing Member

I think everyone buying the Ballstreams product is counting on the "cops" not bothering to come after them. But as far as the forum, seems to me that Clutch could be a high-level target for giving them a platform to promote the piracy.

Saved $15 on the early signup for LP. Bummer that pre-season isn't on there but thankfully there are a fair number of those games on NBA, TNT and ESPN.

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Anyone knows if the code works for the TV/broadband/mobile package? Thanks!