1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

So you have to get an invite for Ballstreams now? I could use one

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

Ballstreams even had NCAA tournament last year. And the invite thingy is a biatch yeah, took my couple request last year to finally get a working invite (first invite didn't work for some reason).

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Canadian exchange rate makes it reasonable for Kiwis and Australians.

4. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Just get a vpn and sign up "from" India, only cost $214

Would love a ballstreams invite if anyone has one.

5. One Mic

One Mic Member

Hey guys. I can get you a couple of international league passes (bought them through VPN) for lets say 60 USD? Message me if you are interested.

Cheers :)

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

To get an invite you just have to request one from their site. It can sometimes take a week or two to get the invite after you request.

Users can send referral links but I don't know if it's ever been proven that they help any.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

And then i downloaded a vpn program for ipad, set my location to canada and away i go! I set it to india last season. Its pretty easy and cheap

8. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I used someone's referral from here and I got my invite email about 6 hours later.

9. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

la migra!

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Im a student living in Lubbock and did not get uverse until a couple months ago so I was on ballstreams for a year or so. Like many of you I was skeptical at first. I do not have a fast laptop or anything and I dont like to sit and watch my computer screen, I like to chill and watch the big screen with my bromosapiens and maybe a 6-7 if I play my cards right. So I did some research and I found out that roku players actually support a ballstreams app which was super clutch. I bought a used roku off amazon for 30 bucks (made sure to get the one that has an ethernet cable hook up and not just wireless) and it came in 2 days and I was gravy baby. All the dudes wanted to chill with me. I loved it because anytime I was bored I could watch any game in the league for 40 bucks for 90 days I believe. You can stream it from as many devices as you want at the same time as long as they are all on the same wifi. My roommate plays fanduel so that came in handy to watch multiple games at once. Im thinking about renewing just so I can watch all the games around the league again, it was truly a great experience, ill bring the beers, ill bring the beers

wreck em
    pen15clubber

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

12. NotChandlerParsons

Don't mind this. I can get you guys some league pass hookups on the cheap, email me adam.silver@nba.com

1 person likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what is it about Australia don't video games also cost something ridiculous like $90 a pop?

The funny thing is it's all digital, the costs for streaming shouldn't be that different from India to Australia, maybe they think Australia is super first world.

14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I went the VPN route last year for LP. Mexican was the cheapest which was $1599 Mexican which worked out to be about $130 AUS.

Had to cancel last week otherwise it would've auto renewed in Aussie $$'s, but no way I'm paying almost $400.
    Will go the VPN way again just before pre-season kicks off.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Yep. XBox One games new are around $90.
    No idea why whether it's wages, cost of living, population or whatever.
    But prices here can be quite expensive.

16. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

If you have ILP and it's on auto renew I think bills you in the country you last logged in. Last year I tried to renew, in Argentina (by VPN) but it didn't charge my card right away. I logged in later in Aus and ended up being charged for the Aus package :(

This year it's charged me US$237.99 and I can't tell which country it used...

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I made sure i didn't have auto-renew on for this reason. They know they have the monopoly on the international market so they charge through the roof. It's so unfair (and i had ballstreams last year and found it to be useless - just my experience)

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Kind of skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything.

Anyone know if cable providers will offer the single team $119 package? Or is it really just for mobile/broadband users?

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

eh, looks like just broadband and mobile subscribers.

I would consider doing that but I usually have to fast forward through the games pretty quick (commercials, free throws, etc.). The controls on mobile apps, the broadband page, or even League Pass through AppleTV just aren't as responsive. You don't have the ability to fast forward and see what's going on so you can press play when the action starts back up.

Takes me at least 1.5-2 times longer to watch a game through streaming than through cable.

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Is ballstreams worth it? I live in Houston, with near 100 mbps internet.