1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Good point.

Kim Jong Il loved him some NBA. His son shouldn't be any different

2. tonyj1965

tonyj1965 Member

3. LandryMegaBeast

get league pass, split the cost with a couple people and share the account. That's what I do every year and i've never had a problem

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Ballstreams is a better live product, much much much better, firstly it's actually live, secondly it contains the pre-game, time out and quarter time interviews, the half time show, etc, league pass shows "please standby".

League pass does a better job archiving because it strips all those breaks, it also has a better mobile platform. Tbh if the teams did what Ballmer is thinking, where you get the whole channel, that would be an infinitely better option than 1 team league pass.

I have them both mind you, and that's how i use them, although another peeve of mine is i travel a lot and when i'm in the us, i can't use ilp, effectively making it so that i'd need to pay for 2 types of league pass. I'd buy a houston streaming network though, no doubt about that.

5. tomato

tomato Member

6. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Ballstreams for me 2. I am on the road always and can't watch half the games anyway in real time and want to.

7. cheatpnz

cheatpnz Member

Dang it, now I have to get an extra job just to watch the games!!

8. Handles

Handles Member

I've subscribed to league pass the last few years but I'm migrating to ballstreams this year. I'm testing it for a month and I'll get the whole year if it streams well.

I just hate league pass blackouts (I'm a cord cutter) and the price jump for less teams was the final straw for me.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Why do you need 5 teams? Just watch the Rockets and support the NBA in the process. Its absolutely ridiculous that some of the games are blacked out though. That's criminal.

Speaking of criminal - I paid $50 for parking last night for the Taylor Swift concert. How is this kind of price gouging not illegal???

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Just checked the Canadian prices and they are $60 us dollars for one team and $105 us dollars for all teams

I got a cousin in Canada and will have him sign me up. I think I'll go for all teams since its so cheap, half the price of a US subscription based in dollars

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is ridiculous. The price jump wouldn't be so bad if there were any evidence that the NBA was making an effort to develop the product, but it doesn't seem like they are. The UI is awful, the connection frequently lags or skips and the blackout policy, coupled with zero postseason games, is like rubbing salt into a wound.

League Pass caters to diehard NBA fans, so I don't understand why the league is so intent on pissing them off with such a bad product. Surely they know about Ballstreams and why people prefer it as a product, so why not spend some of their giant pile of money to develop League Pass into a proper product?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. For some reason international rates are cheaper and I honestly don't know why, Ball Streams probably wouldn't exist if they offered these rates in the US.

In my country LP costs around $115, however if you subscribed last year you get a loyalty discount which brings it down to just around ~99 bucks, and this includes most preseason games, playoffs and the all star break. Good value for money IMHO.

13. Amir

Amir Member

Do either (or both) of league pass & ballstreams work via xbox one?

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

It's secretly being run by the NBA...?!

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

My only real complaint is the LP should include NBA TV. Talk about nickel and dime.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Would love if league pass had NBA TV included in its subscription.

18. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Australian's get destroyed for league pass, $400 for premium this season

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Do the VPN thing, I am waiting for a friend to send me step-by-step instructions on how to do it and then I will subscribe that way

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Saw that.

Massive rise on last year. As a returning member it's still heaps at $310. It was around that mark for a new membership last year.