1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass has just gone out of their ever-loving mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Sep 1, 2015.

1. thejav

thejav Member

Yeah i think ill stick with Ballstreams.com.. hasn't failed me once in 2 years.. :cool: Yall can go ahead and pay extra for an inferior product.. :)

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'll "be an adult" and see my way out of this conversation. It's obvious you don't want to have a real discussion about this topic.

1 person likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

My exact thoughts when I first discovered LP.

I don't know how I lived without it.

Premium User year in year out from now on until I'm pushing up daisies.

Obviously is a little different to those who actually live in the United States.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

You a fellow Aussie I take it?

Just got my email saying it will renewed at $310 AUD next year. Last year (first time) it was $302. Not a complaint but it can't be that great of a discount for a returning subscriber when the price has STILL increased.

Must have really jacked up the price for first timers.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, the rockets is my only team.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'll get the picture of today's NBA the environment your fav team is playing by watching more games of other teams.

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

malaysia is only about 100USD. glad theyre taking it easy on this 3rd world country run by a corrupt dictator

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Affirmative.

It was mentioned before previously on the board there's a trick to changing your IP address to get a cheaper LP.

My brother set it to India last year and only paid $100 odd AUS.

Considering doing the same, because as you said not much real incentive for return customers (I believe this will be my fifth year?)

9. omgTHEpotential

International league pass is good enough for me. Not sure what this nonsense about 'inferior product' is about. It's pretty great.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

ballstreams is about 3 seconds delayed, ilp is about 90 seconds delayed. LP is a better product for watching archived footage because they cut all the gamebreaks, but it's not for live.

11. WestendMassive

Season before last it was $199AUD

Which is why I went to Ballstreams. But I don't see all the hype with Ballstreams, International League Pass was a way better service.

Tough decision this season - $100 for no-HD and Ballstreams, or $300 for ILP?

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I watch through my Apple TV primarily, so has to be ILP.

That's a massive increase if the 199 was for the premium package..

13. omgTHEpotential

Is 90 seconds a lot? Really? :) That's a non issue, IMO. Unless you want to post in a game thread and watch the game at the same time.

14. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Ballstreams has pre-game, half-time and a lot more archives games (a year or even two years back). Some people actually want to see pre-game stuff, but I agree on commercials. Still, the difference in price between countries of ILP and the 1 team thing makes it less attractive. I only watch Rockets games, I would like to at least watch all national TV games.

15. dragician

dragician Member

including rockets?

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Discussion is between rich and poor. Poor will chose ballstreams, which is better and much cheaper product. Rich will buy league pass, because they are rich and buy official stuff, just because money is not an issue.
    There is also a 3rd and 4th groups. 3rd is for those who don't pay a penny and download very high definition games through torrents or watch ****ty/HD streams online. 4th group is the stupid people, who buy league pass. I guess you can merge rich and stupid people, because they all buy league pass.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would totally pay $120 or even $200 just to watch every Rockets game streaming to my TV in hi definition.

But that's just the thing. There IS no such service offered by the NBA. No way in hell am I paying for monthly cable when I don't watch anything else on it.

MLB TV doesn't black out any games for me. I don't see why I shouldn't expect the same from the NBA's equivalent product.

18. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

This is the thing for me. I paid for LP -- I want to see Calvin at halftime, not a bunch of NBA commercials.

19. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

the problem is international NBA LP is a far superior product than the US LP. thats the real reason so many people are opting for ballstreams over LP.

if you pay for something called NBA League Pass one would think you get to watch all games but the nba has to give in to the network channels and blackout games. that is stabbing your customer not even in the back but right in the gut.

20. badges

badges Member

Articulated Perfectly