1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Broadband free to test until Nov. 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 21, 2010.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Thanks a lot for the link. Super happy as LPBB finally available here in HK. However, my notebook was not able to launch the video page. Anyone encountered the same problem?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So international LPBB users got to watch a pre-season game. Interesting.

Glad to hear it's improved. Can't wait to try it next week.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm re-watching the 1st quarter of last nite's game right now and the new interface is literally iMac vs Commodore 64 compared to that VRay crap they were using last season....the NBA's finally done something good for the fans :eek:

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't want to derail things here, but why are international LPBB members getting this before us homefolks? When I launch it (using a bookmark from past years), it loads to 90% and stops. Perhaps it's so they can use part of the pre-season to fix bugs and launch a clean product to start the season. Last year, there were several bugs at the beginning that got fixed in the first week or two.

5. SunsRocketsfan

Is there a feature or ability to HIDE the scores of the games????

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there are on/off tabs highlighted in red on the top right

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i clicked the league pass link at the bottom of the nba.com homepage, logged in with last year's username/pw, and made the purchase for this season....after that the player just launches on it's own....it's all flash-based now

1 person likes this.
  8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this confirms what A3PO is saying- ILPBB got a head start on us LPBB folks in the US. I don't know the International Format but hopefully it is a beta for this year's LPBB package.

and at a $100 rate, you mentioned? for all access to all teams?

we're getting gypped!

the hide scores feature might be my most anticipated upgrade this season.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's actually only $60 for the same quality with only 24hr archiving.....$100 to have continued access to every game as the season progresses along with mobile access

10. SunsRocketsfan

SWEET! Thanks! I cant wait

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Where are you accessing this from? I am currently in Denmark, and here, the regular version is $ 109.95 and the premium version is $ 149.95.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was in vienna when i signed up, although i used my US billing address in fact :grin:

i would think the cost should be the same no matter where u sign up from outside the US :confused:

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I thought it could be because of tax differences, but that would be a bit much in VAT even for Denmark...

By the way, you seem to get around quite a bit. Are you an international playboy (like I am)? :grin:

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol actually i need to ask your advice on visiting korea...didn't you recently make a trip there? maybe i'll start a separate thread in the hangout

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So annoying...now I have signed up for the free preview, but when I try to watch a game, it keeps redirecting me to the signup page. The "live help" feature does not work. Crap.

16. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks saintja2 - spoke to the support guy now and he helped me fix it, it was some sort of flash/cache problem in my case.

AroundTheWorld: regarding the pricing. is it different from country to country? i am currently traveling, and in denmark. price for premium version here is $ 149.95. a friend from austria told me that there it is $ 100.
    AroundTheWorld: also, does the video quality improve over time? didn't look good in the beginning, but seems to be getting better?
    NBA League Pass: The pricing is different in different locations
    NBA League Pass: as far as the quality goes it is an adaptive stream so it will begin at a lower level and then detect the best quality level for your download speed

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wow this is really sweet...you can specifically jump to blocks or steals by specific players, etc. Watched all three dunks we had yesterday!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

how do you sign up?

the link you gave does not redirect for me.

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think once you signed up, you need to sign off first. Then click on the 'International League Pass Broadband" link in the nba.com home page. You may be directed to the registration form page again but this time, sign in by clicking the 'sign on now' link at the top right hand corner. You will be directed to another sign-on page.

It works for me. The quality is superb. The offer here in HK is US$100 for Standard Package and US$140 for Premium Package. Both do not include playoff games. You need to pay another US$50 and US$70 respectively for playoff games. You can only view archived games within 24 hours for Standard Package and it does not come with mobile access.

The blackout policy is interesting though, here's the exact wordings:

"** Blackouts may apply to televised games in Spain and Canada"

So does it mean that they wont black out any games that broadcast in the HK TV channels?