1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA: How *Entertaining* is it?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jul 5, 2016.

Tags:
?

How Entertaining to do find the Modern NBA?

1. It's FAN-TASTIC!!!

22 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. It's ok because my team doesn't suck

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. It sucks because my team sucks

29 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. It sucks cause blow outs and non competive games suck

44 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are Blow outs entertaining?
    Watching games where you know one team has NO CHANCE to win entertaining?

I grew out of those with the GlobeTrotter v Generals games

When I see things like Durant move .. . that is what comes to mind

You have a league where out of 32 teams . . .26 have no chance at a championship

At this point . . Durant could be out all next season and that does not change at all.

So . .. Do you find that entertaining?

Rocket River

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

About as entertaining as the black girl in Ghostbusters.

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only i fyou're a warriors fan

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

How about you see how a game plays out first before you jump the gun? Warriors were already blowing out the opponents last year and I didn't hear people complaining, in fact a lot of posters said it was fun seeing Curry and Klay rain 3s on everybody.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I never watched their games unless it was against the rockets
    Not trying to watch them against the Jazz on a Wednesday night

CLEVERMAN IS ON!!!

Rocket River

6. BackdoorHarden

We're talking about NBA in July. Think about it.

For the people that think NBA sucks now...why are you on this site in July and why did you spend 2 hours on July 4th yesterday reading all the news???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bored and habit
    Baseball is worse than non competitive basketball

Rocket River

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That game 7 in the Finals was as entertaining as it gets.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Only watch the Rockets and the playoffs minus Golden State. Hate them too much to watch

10. dream2franchise

From a 'drama' standpoint do any other sports come close?

Entertainment in the NBA doesn't just happen on the court.

We've seen a heel turn of sorts. One of the good guys seduced by the potential of rings by a team full of preeners, illegal screeners and di*k punchers. This will be like Oberyn Martell v The Mountain on a nightly basis.

From an entertainment standpoint the NBA offseason has delivered yet again.

And to top it off the Mavs are still trash.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If we play good basketball, we always have a chance. Great rosters are not great teams.

[​IMG]

Sometimes you can try to hard and gel won't fix style:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. BackdoorHarden

I didn't think the NBA could have topped last year's DeAndre entertainment, but all the saltys from fans and players and the crazy contracts this season has provided another entertainting off season.

Can't wait to see what off season will be like next season with all the great players as free agent

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

As far as rules go to keep teams even, the NBA is one of the best leagues of any sport to do so. This goes from salary cap to the draft.
    It's no ones fault that the salary cap jumped whilst Klay and Curry are on cheap deals so they're now able to afford KD. This is a rarity.
    And as far as GSW goes, they sucked 3 yrs ago with basically the same squad. Every other team played under the same rules.

But as far as blow outs go, I love them provided it's the Rockets doing so (which was rare last season) and we're not on the receiving end.

14. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

The only people who will say they're excited about this upcoming season are bandwagon warrior fans

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I voted 'EXCITED' and I hate the warriors.
    They're the villains now and everyone loves to see a villain fail.

16. TheresTheDagger

Because NBA free agency is WAY more interesting than actual NBA games.

Think about it.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I thought the NBA only had 30 teams?

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Depends on your perspective.

As a hardcore fan (which most of us are), we will continually pull for the Rockets no matter how bad things get, so the entertainment value doesn't change drastically.

Bandwagon / loose NBA fans will flock to Buffalo Wild Wings in Steph Curry and Kevin Durant jerseys this year and eat up every second of their 30 point wins.

So I guess either way the NBA is still fine, unfortunately.

While hockey & baseball fans tend to be purists to the point of major annoyance, basketball fans are just the opposite. Most people will embrace this new era of trying to cash in on a championship without earning it yourself.

Personally I think a league is at its best when 3-4 teams go in to the season as "favorites", and another 3-4 have a chance to win. This league.... isn't there.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think your answer to this largely depends on what type of fan you are. Most fans are not really diehard loyal to their local teams.

The majority of fans fall into 1 of 2 groups; casual fans of local teams or bandwagon casual fans.
    -The local casual fan will watch the local team every now and then, maybe even show up at a few games but doesn't really follow the league much and doesn't know a whole lot about players on other teams. They aren't going to be all that disillusioned by the Durant thing because they are barely paying attention anyway. If the local team is good they'll care about them if not it won't really impact them in anyway.
    -The bandwagon casual fan just roots for particular great players and great teams. For them this is great. They don't care about the local team all that much and in fact may think it's cool to NOT root for the local team. They often tried to push you on how much better they are because they root for Lebron or something instead of the local team.

Either of those fans, which compromise the majority of fans, is either fine with a move like this or not really impacted at all. The majority of those two fans will enjoy a good finals series between dominant teams and won't really care about the fact that 90% of the league had no chance.

The other section of fans, say 25% of the fanbase, falls into another 1 of 2 situation. They are either diehard locals or diehard fans of a non local team. Both are equally legitimate in their fandom of their chosen team for different reasons and both are likely extremely bummed out by stuff like this. They come up with all kinds of reasons to explain why it's bad for the game, but the truth is that it's bad for their team. And that's all that matters.

As a die-hard local Rockets fan I am bummed out by Durant going to GS. It sucks and it sucks the enjoyment out of the season for me, but I can be honest and say that if Durant and Horford or some other combo of superstars wanted to team up in Houston I would feel the opposite.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

To be honest, I haven't watched an NBA game in a long while. I'd do highlights, but hard to watch knowing that Le$ is your favorite team's owner. I'm here because the CF community Clutch built is interesting.

You don't have to be a big fan of the NBA to enjoy CF.