1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Gossip] Donald Sterling Hates the Blacks, Including Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2014.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

Incredible interview tonight by Magic. I have so much respect for him.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

nope

try reading my posts.

you try to follow me around like a puppy dog and snipe at me, but I continue to stymie you time and time again. I get a good chuckle out of your futility!

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I remember health. I'm familiar with the difference, though slight because the end result is death.

I also know that the probability of a female positive to a male is like .05%

So either Magic was incredibly reckless (and still is if you believe the whispers in LA) or Magic caught it (allegedly) from a transgender sex party at Eddie Murphy s house. Nevertheless, there is nothing positive (no pun intended) about Magic's behavior or his PR spin.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Media, particularly CNN, trying to generate that hate $$$$$. Getting people to turn on each other over what they find as an inadequate apology. The Hate train is looking for passengers as we speak...

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>EXCLUSIVE: Donald Sterling threatens to sue NBA, refuses to pay fine: <a href="http://t.co/2RAMB2xTPl">http://t.co/2RAMB2xTPl</a> (via <a href="https://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw">@McCannSportsLaw</a>) <a href="http://t.co/RjX5RFMIJy">pic.twitter.com/RjX5RFMIJy</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/statuses/467105975980158976">May 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not plan to pay $2.5 million fine, his laywer told the NBA: <a href="http://t.co/ZkPvlEnNiO">http://t.co/ZkPvlEnNiO</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/statuses/467107755418210305">May 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Donald Sterling's lawyer also told the NBA his client does not warrant &quot;any punishment at all.&quot; Story: <a href="http://t.co/ZkPvlEnNiO">http://t.co/ZkPvlEnNiO</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/statuses/467108519976898560">May 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

6. Doktor Mndbndr

There ya go, Sterling challenging the ruling on the legal principle of "due process".

So much for those who imagine the NBA can impose by fiat any punishment due to severe wording of the franchise contract.

Other legal principles coming up will include proportionality of punishment.

7. Awesome

Awesome Member

He can be booted on the merit of not paying the fine alone

8. Doktor Mndbndr

The point is he has solid legal grounds to challenge all of these arbitrary and heavy-handed decisions. I'm not saying Sterling will win. I think he's political dead meat.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

bigtexxx is the donald sterling of clutchfans. he'll never think he did/said anything wrong, so don't waste your time.

10. downbytheriver

Considering v stiviano herself looks the epitome of a transgender, sterling should keep his mouth shut regarding that. I dont like how magic pretends to be a Christian to the media , then partakes in gay orgies behind the scenes. He needs to be honest about who he is if he wants a leadership position in a community .... But with money, I guess all that hypocritical stuff is swept aside.

11. Awesome

Awesome Member

It won't be that solid because he's going to lose.

I mean I guess we can congratulate him now that he finally found a firm that wanted to even represent him?

12. Orange

Orange Member

your 100% right I wonder if he will ever go on a rant of his own. Everyone knew Sterling was racist before this just like we know texxx is the question is why dosent Clutch just ban him before it becomes too embarassing.

2 people like this.
  13. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

why is everyone hating on Sterling's decision? He has every right in America, as does every citizen here, in going through due process from needing to sell his team to paying a 2.5 million dollar fine. They have to determine if this 2.5 million is excessive, if what he did was detrimental to the team, if there is legality in what took place, etc. You can't just be like, ohhh he said some s*** about Black people, let's fine him 2.5 million cause he's a rich M***er and take his team without him even doing anything about it.

If that happened to you, if someone was secretly taping you on a phone saying stupid things about different races ,would that immediately mean you need to lose all your assets and get banned and pay millions?

Who determines the level of punishment and rights you have? Does this mean next time anyone in the NBA is caught saying offensive material illegally they will be banned and
    fined millions?

I think this case will and SHOULD go for many many years to come and if CP3 and Griffin don't want to play in the Clippers, then fine I think the Rockets would love to trade an "Asian" Lin and "White" Asik and "White" Parsons for Doc Rivers, CP3, and Griffin/DeAndre. ;)

14. torocan

torocan Member

Lol. No.

People threaten legal action ALL the time even though they have NO chance of winning in a court of law. The threat isn't that they think they can win, the threat is that they will take them to court and run up the legal bills and make it expensive.

You want to get something you don't deserve? Launch a frivolous lawsuit.
    You want to win a concession that you don't deserve? Threaten to launch or launch a legal countersuit.

It has NOTHING to do with whether he has solid legal footing to challenge the NBA or not.

The problem for Sterling is that the NBA isn't looking at this is a legal cost issue. The full cost of legal action to a full resolution will easily run into the millions of dollars. The problem is that the NBA is willing to pay that amount in this scenario as they literally have tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue and brand damage at risk.

This isn't criminal law or the stuff you see on TV. This is corporate and civil law, and in this arena it's both a game of chess and a game of chicken. The lawyers will push as hard as they can to see if the other side blinks first.

And when things get either too expensive or one side realizes that they have no chance of winning their desired concessions and are going to lose, you end up with an out of court settlement.

There's a HUGE difference between having the legal grounds for a challenge and the strategic advantage of launching a challenge whether you have sufficient legal grounds or not.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

adam silver > clutch? :eek:

fine him 2 1/2 bars of rep and take away his moniker

16. Awesome

Awesome Member

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

While The Sterling is a disgusting racist, I'm still team Donald in his beef with Magic.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

and boom goes the dynamite.

19. downbytheriver

What an absolute sucker you are. When he says he gives to minorities, he is forcing them into ****ty situations that hurt them in the long run for his own benefit. it is widely known in nba circles magic is a major schemer and opportunist, and another bball site I post on has LA natives debating whether he was in cahoots with v stiviano from the very beginning to set this all up.

20. downbytheriver

excellent post. hate to rain on the gay orgy parade magic, but it's time the media grew a spine and shined some light on your real dealings. it's not the fact he uses money and connections to hide this that bother me, but that he always mentions he's a Christian with Christian values then contradicts himself a few sentences later... as if he understands empathy, compassion, meekness, honesty, transparency. Those are values that define Christians, not using the word as another one of his marketing slogans to make suckers out of the black community.