1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Gossip] Donald Sterling Hates the Blacks, Including Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No, I'm not lol.

AIDS is used to describe a syndrome in which your immune system is completely shot, leading you do die from things like the flu.

HIV is the virus that infects the T cells of your immune system causing you to get AIDS over time.

You don't directly die from contracting HIV, you die from the everyday pathogens your body is normally capable of fighting.

In summary, one is the virus, the other is a syndrome in which your immune system is shot. Magic doesn't have AIDS, otherwise he wouldn't be on TV and would be on the brink of dying from the pathogens on chairs, doorhandles and people's hands. He's been taking the best anti-retrovirals money can buy in order to fight the HIV virus and prevent it from decreasing his T-cell count to the point of AIDS.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What have we learned from all this? Anybody is capable of becoming a billionaire if granted sufficient privileges. Including Donald Sterling.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sterling got screwed over.

Terrible human being, but they are backing a wounded animal in a corner and he is lashing back out.

I'm 50/50 on this situation. He doesn't deserve the team, but didn't deserve to lose it like he did....

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Worst thing he did was claim that was the 1 mistake ever made. He's a sociopathic liar dude. The worst thing he did was help orchestrate the conditions of South Central and East Los Angeles for decades with his housing and employment practices. Sterling and those like him are a POS for the latter.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol, I only chimed in to offer pericles a recent update on modern science and medicine since the 1990's happened.

so you side with Sterling on the matter of Magic Johnson and his disease?

NOTED.

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

I guess those smelly blacks and lazy smelly latinos that couldn't get any apartment fixes or rejected from housing feels that exact same way.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't forget the real reason why he rents to Asians, it's because they accept the conditions no matter how bad they are and don't complain about it.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yup, I remember that.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol

you really love to dance! dance dance dance!

I do think that sports tends to make people forget about how certain people shouldn't be role models. Although it does appear that Earvin has done a lot for the black community and for that I give him credit.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't know what Magic has done to be a good role model. Maybe he hasn't maybe he hasn't. Honestly I don't care. Clearly Sterling shouldn't comment on him at all. It doesn't do a thing to help him even if he is right. I do think Donald Sterling is off his rocker and I think it's exploitative of the media to foam at the mouth do trainwreck interviews like this.

But that's Murica baby.

11. Nook

Nook Member

THIS.....

He can be the Jewish Archie Bunker

or

The Odd Couple

Staring: Spike Lee and Donald Sterling

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Donald Sterling doesn't want his girlfriend to bring black people to games.
    Spike Lee doesn't want white people to live in his city.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Where did he say that? You mean the super rich folks coming in to gentrify Brooklyn by making it non-affordable to low income residents? That's happening where I live as well and it benefits one particular race than others.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Don't dance around it. Spike Lee specifically said "whites" were moving into Brooklyn and he isn't happy about. Spike Lee is racist as hell, not that I really care, at least he calls it as he sees it. Still, don't mince words.... he doesn't like white people moving into Brooklyn... PERIOD.

15. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Neither one of them are someone to look up to, magic just has better public relations. Sterling is obviously a racist, but he has obviously lost it and he's being baited to sound more evil than he ready does. He comes off as very naive. Weird to say that about a billionaire.

16. Awesome

Awesome Member

I didnt know Spike owned Brooklyn and paid for peoples cars and clothes and houses.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I guess the Italians, Greeks, Irish, and Poles that have lived in Brooklyn for decades aren't considered white? He never said white people. He said rich affluent people that have moved in that happen to be white are gentrifying Brooklyn and make it too expensive for others that have lived there for generations that happen to be mostly non-white. Where do these people go to for affordable housing? Why are these people racially harassed by police for walking in the neighborhoods they grew up in? Who's racist here?

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

well, you asked me directly if my knowledge of the difference between AIDS vs HIV excuses Magic Johnson for his behavior. I hadn't offered my opinion on the matter before you chimed in and was not speaking on the subject of Magic's behavior.

why did you think my post meant it excuses his behavior?

Magic's behavior, as described by Sterling, is something he should be embarrassed of.

do you side with Sterling?

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Many celebrities that are white have been very promiscuous as Ervin Johson have while contracting Herpes and HIV and never have been publicly humiliated and criticized the way Magic has. Chelsea Handler, Charlie Sheen, and the list goes on....

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

In a 70+ page thread about a racist old white guy bigtexxx chooses to deride the black guy. Telling.