1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Gossip] Donald Sterling Hates the Blacks, Including Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2014.

1. rudan

rudan Member

Thats true, A prostitute would stay no matter what. If it wasnt about money, she would be out the door as soon as he told her not to associate with black people(half of what she is).

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Why hasn't he released a statement?

3. Mr. Space City

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That's the way it is...He is honest about what he believes in..Been going on for a long time, Hats off 2 the Team.. 4 playin above it all.</p>&mdash; Baron Davis (@Baron_Davis) <a href="https://twitter.com/Baron_Davis/statuses/460103851408752640">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he keeps referencing his 'culture' in the conversation, which leads me to wonder if he simply has pressure from his friends, family, members of his synagogue, business partners. it's no secret that many jewish people are leery of blacks and vice versa, especially in NY at least. in any case, it's hard to imagine how such an idiot became such a successful businessman. that conversation is brutal to listen to, almost like a couple of 13yr old's discussing their relationship

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

A few posters have said things like "everyone knows this already" and "didn't they do their homework before signing," and I get that, BUT the enormous difference goes like this.

It's one thing for insiders and devoted NBA fans to know something about your owner, but it's another to have this uncomfortable truth broadcast in the clearest terms for all to hear, where even people with no interest in basketball will be thinking, "how can you WORK for that guy?" or even "how can anyone buy a ticket from that guy, or cheer for his team?"

It does raise the issue to a whole different level, especially in 2014, with the media frothing at the mouth for anything race related.

I have to admit. I shouldn't be so interested, but I can't wait to see what the team actually does in response. An intermediate step would be refusing to play until Sterling leaves the building at their next game. Meh. It's really tough, because a franchise *is* more than its owner of course.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>TMZ reported this morning that Clippers owner Donald Sterling doesn't want me or other African-Americans to come to Clippers games.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/460108627291152385">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/cjbycookie">@cjbycookie</a> and I will never go to a Clippers game again as long as Donald Sterling is the owner.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/460109281451601920">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I feel sorry for my friends Coach Doc Rivers and Chris Paul that they have to work for a man that feels that way about African Americans.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/460109957841825793">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling's comments about African Americans are a black eye for the NBA.</p>&mdash; Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/statuses/460110636480204800">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

#87 J.R., Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I feel bad for the players. :(

8. Swag

Swag Member

cp3 to houston

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm hoping the NBA does what it should have done YEARS ago and finally strip him of his team.

Simple choice: sell your team immediately or the NBA will remove the Clippers via contraction.

10. Mr. Space City

doc rivers can come too :cool:

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

did the TNT crew discuss this incident?

12. rudan

rudan Member

I like the Contraction option, The Clippers should cease to exist :eek:

13. rudan

rudan Member

No, they were too busy talking about how barkley kissed dick :)

14. Mr. Space City

send the clippers to seattle

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't mind have Blake Griffin as a Rocket... He's heart for game, starting with dedication, is terrific.

16. torocan

torocan Member

No reason to contract. Just force a sale of the team.

The Team and loyal Clippers fans shouldn't be punished because their owner is a douche.

Sterling however has no place as an owner in the NBA.

17. Awesome

Awesome Member

I think they tried that long time ago but couldn't.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

19. rudan

rudan Member

[​IMG]

Measuring his stock..........