1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Gossip] Donald Sterling Hates the Blacks, Including Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He has been a racist for a long time. This isn't something new.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

What a setback.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's one thing to be accused of racism, even repeatedly, but being recorded on tape being a racist takes it to a different level.

The difference is deniability. People maybe could have rationalized that those who accused him had incentives to do so and maybe he isn't as bad as they said he was. But this recording is hard to explain away.

It's going to be interesting seeing Chris Paul and Doc Rivers answering questions about this.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't care what anybody says about me or my peoples. Whether it be Asian, Jewish or Slavic or anything about my blood lines if they pay me millions.. Shove em all under the bus, you payin' me. :grin:

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Wish this clown wasn't the owner of the Clips so sad.

6. torocan

torocan Member

That only applies if they're paying you MORE than somewhere else. The Clippers' stars could all have made just as much if not more money somewhere else.

And if you're a multi-millionaire already like many NBA stars, you have to ask yourself what your self-respect is worth.

If I have 2 contracts on the table and they're the same money, I'd go anywhere EXCEPT the Clippers. A shot at a ring isn't worth selling out, at least for me.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think all of you are missing the points here

the issue here he was talking about here was basically his scumbag racist friend circle bagging him about being a cuckhold and his girlfriend sleeping with black guys. that's the "culture" he's talking about. Basically if your girlfriend is seen at games with bunch of black, it means she slept with them all. It's ****ed up, but what kind of friends do you expect a person like Sterling have.

That's why he kept saying I don't care if you actually sleep with random guys, just don't frucking let people see you with them.

8. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

That's because you have no money ! :) But once you get 10 million locked in the bank, you'll sing a different toon!

9. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

As a Clipper season ticket holder I am embarrassed by Mr. Sterling, who made his money in part from exploiting minorities as a slum lord. This could have a negative impact on the team.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Would it be OK if it was Larry Bird?"

That was funny.

11. torocan

torocan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to a source close to the situation, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Clippers&amp;src=hash">#Clippers</a> players held a meeting late last night regarding Donald Sterling story.</p>&mdash; Vincent Bonsignore (@DailyNewsVinny) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/statuses/460071138572251137">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Needless to say, there is tremendous anger among the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Clippers&amp;src=hash">#Clippers</a> players</p>&mdash; Vincent Bonsignore (@DailyNewsVinny) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/statuses/460069744805048320">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This Donald Sterling stuff puts Chris Paul, Blake Griffin DeAndre Jordan etc..in and incredibly awkward position. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Clippers&amp;src=hash">#Clippers</a></p>&mdash; Vincent Bonsignore (@DailyNewsVinny) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/statuses/459940545897304066">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

Given the "anger" of the players, anyone else get the feeling that some of these guys didn't do their homework before signing?

I feel sorry for the furniture in the meeting room...

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a little bit different when there's extended audio of your racism.

13. Mr. Space City

this is like the rodney king beating being caught on tape.

something that people have complained about for years but now actual solid evidence to prove what people have been saying about him for years.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Possible that the Clippers could forfeit tonights game?

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's the same logic that slavemasters used when they were kanoodling their slaves. In his mind, he's justified because he just sees her as a piece of ass.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Unfreaking believable.

What a jack-ass!

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

He needs to go. These players need to stand up to this guy and the board of directors need to understand that Sterling is a black hole. I can't imagine any self-respecting person signing with the Clippers after this store.

I don't know whats more unbelievable...Sterling, his girlfriend for being stupid enough to stay with him, or me for listening to the entire thing.

19. Mr. Space City

there are no muhammad ali's in sports anymore.

a lot of these black athletes are uncle toms that are glad to play for a racist as long as they get a check.

shame.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The way he said reminds me of a Dave Chapelle skit. I think he might be "black" himself.