1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 3/18/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"... and if they had Brewer AND Roberson, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!1111"

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This thunder team is one of the oddest in recent memory. You have the media doing backflips trying to save face for a fringe playoff team loaded with talent.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

In regards to the Derozan foul at the end I've seen a lot of people crying about him not getting the foul. I see harden get that contact just about everytime he drives to the basket (and gets it called some of the time), yet the narrative is always he is ref favored by the media and fans from other teams. Heck, the warriors have a thread talking about anticipating terrible reffing to "extend" the series vs them. The warriors...the team known for uncalled moving screens and testicle beatings from Green.

The double standard is ridiculous...we truly are a very disliked team.

ClutchCity3 and Rocket River like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you, Derozan always got a toon of fts in the last years, despite being good but not exactly great, like Harden. Probably no one cares cause the Raptors don't scare anybody. As for the Warriors well, they're the golden boy of the media so...yeah.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it looked like derozan got hit on the hand at worst on the play he went crazy about, and in the paint hand is part of the ball

also not sure melo didn't get all ball on the play he was T'd up for arguing

would like to see both replays

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

@pippendagimp isn't the first ref to the left in the second tweet that J.R. just posted Marc Davis? There's always some kind of bullshit happening with that dude, and i don't think it's just me...

EDIT: just ggive a look at your post on the first page and yeah, it's Marc Davis...welp.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's like the new joey crawford with the quick trigger T, but in a much more b****y way. crawford would give a bit of leeway after he knew he blew a call, but davis just doubles down on his F-ups and retaliates hard if anyone dare speak up

Vivi likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Are you sure about that? They've played tight games all season long and have come out on top most of them including the game last week against the Rockets. They were also missing their 4th quarter difference maker Fred Vanvleet today.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All ref aided

Rocket River

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Ive been saying OKC isnt the team I want to face.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, but it seems more and more like they'll be our 2nd round matchup.

I hope we'll at least avoid the Spurs in the first round (assuming Kawhi will be back etc), getting Spurs, OKC and Warriors in a row wouldn't exactly be the greatest pat to the finals.

#92 Vivi, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

[​IMG]

looks like a clean strip to me, maybe some incidental contact afterwards but hard to tell from replays.

pippendagimp likes this.
  14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol I was pulling for OKC in this one. Screw the raptors and drake.

Space Ghost and ParaSolid like this.
  15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I couldnt stand those Raptor commentators. Probably how other fans can't stand Houston's commentators lol.

Donovan strangely removes all 3 of his stars sometimes. You have 3 of them, but find a way to take them all out?

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If they can handle their closing schedule then they deserve all the hype they will get.

A_3PO likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

between blazers and okc, think i would prefer facing blazers because we know what blazers have to offer(which is not much). okc is kinda unpredictable

18. MystikArkitect

::Skip Bayless voice, palm slapping desk each syllable::

“I am telling you right now this Thunder team is going to be a problem for WHOMEVER they face in the 1st round. Russell is playing like a man possessed and Corey Brewer has been a God send the likes I haven’t seen since my Spurs drafted Kawhi.”

19. today

today Contributing Member

Disappointed that TOR couldn't handle their business tonight... I was hoping OKC would fall back to 6 or 7, but if that's not going to happen, I can't figure out if I want OKC or POR at 3...

20. Voltik

Voltik Member

I don’t think the Raptors would have lost, if VanVleet was playing. That dude has been playing well off the bench for them.

In a 7 game series against the Thunder, the Raptors would win in 5 or 6 games max even if both teams were fully healthy. Of course, both these teams will not meet up...ever.