1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 2/7/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. clippy

clippy Member

So much for "Magic" Bryant. You knew that wouldn't last.

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Rondo has always been overrated. Don't get me wrong, he's still a very talented PG but his numbers and value is inflated. Play in an offense where almost every single possession runs through you and you're going to have a lot of assists, but as you can see Boston was getting no where fast while proven scorers like Jason Terry and Courtney Lee were considered underperforming. Coincidentally he goes down, they actually learn to pass the ball to each other rather than being relegated to catch and shoot and they're miraculously a significantly better team. Not to mention he actually stat pads on the regular.

If you've watched Boston teams have run zone and help defenders leaving Rondo wide open, kind of similar to what they've been doing to Lin but worst and he doesn't actually make them pay. His mid-range jumper is good this season but he still gets no respect because he's not a scorer. He doesn't help them with their mediocre ability to draw fouls and drive to the rim either.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Caps don't bother me, but I found this funny. It took you more time to type your explanation than it would've to just turn the damn thing off and back on lol.

4. SK34

SK34 Member

LOL.. TRUE .. OH WELL

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kerr: "..their is not a faster-paced team in the league than the Nuggets"

No one watches the Rockets

6. bongo33

bongo33 Member

I largely agree with what your saying. However, Rondo in the playoffs is a monster and steps it up to another level. One of the best players in that Miami series last summer.

7. VBG

VBG Member

In the first game Steve Kerr said the Rockets are a good club.

The perception of the Nuggets is always that they run straight up and down the court.

Nuggets do average a little more fastbreak points than us as well.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah they do but we technically play at a fastest pace in the league and we average more PPG than them. They are more athletically explosive than us though so I guess it's just the perception.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nuggets are running the Bulls out of the building... they're up 100-70 and the 3rd quarter isn't over yet.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is the Nuggets team I've been waiting for. I guess it just took a while for them to recover from that ridiculously unfair schedule to start the season. At this point, it's obvious they are a lock for a top 4 seed unless injuries bite. If the Clippers don't right the ship soon, Denver could move past them too.

The Nuggets are more seasoned, talented and better-coached than the Rockets. They are also a poor 3-point shooting team. That is their Achilles heal (along with FT shooting). At the same time, they are near the top in shooting % because they score in the paint so much.

For the Nuggets to contend, Ty Lawson has to play aggressive and determined. The whole team feeds off of him. When Lawson makes up his mind to take control, they are very tough to beat.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I was just talking about pace guys. I know they're better than us.

12. GIGO

GIGO Member

Wow, Daequan Cook scored 19 pts!