1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 2/14/2018

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2018.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wasn't even listening. I assumed his parting words would be

"Smoke everyday!"

2. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

That game was borderline unwatchable due to Bill Walton.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Funny reading the comments y’all had. I seriously stopped watching after 1 quarter cuz I couldn’t take him talking. Tuned in the last 3-4 min and it sounded exactly the same. Lol.

Glad Blazers won. Big win.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s kinda like when Hakeem shows up to a big Rocket game though. It’s good luck. But more rare.

5. TheresTheDagger

I can honestly say in the tens of thousands of basketball games i've ever watched on TV...college or pro....I've never seen an announcer so obviously biased for a specific team.

What's stranger is that it was against the Blazers, a team he won an NBA title with. I guess he's a Warriors fan since his son coached em...but man...that was over the top. The dude seriously sounded like he hit the bottle early tonight.

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The key to defeating the Warriors is to shut down Curry.

Durant can have his 50, but Curry must be stopped.

Blazers did an excellent job of disrupting Curry's game by constantly bumping him with Aminu and Nurkic any time he came off a screen. It wasn't much contact, but just enough to disrupt Curry's rhythm and timing.

Taking Curry out of the equation also disrupts the flow of the Warriors' offense. When Curry is free wheeling and dealing, he gets everyone else going with open shots. Remove that and the Warriors are mortal even when Durant drops 50 on you.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

So you are saying you have never watched Rocket games?

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Happy valentines day ashley ; )

hakeem94, BigShasta and ashleyem like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

LOL. Touche.

hakeem94 and ashleyem like this.
  10. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

Here's a fun blast from the past where Scotty Pippen gets thrown out of a game and Rasheed Wallace protects the ref as the Portland fans throw Bill Walton beanie babies onto the court.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good sportin' Portland

Rockets are now First

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Idiotic argument.

Rockets announcers are TEAM announcers...of course they are going to be biased. they get paid by the team.

national tv announcers shouldn't pick a side.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they arised out of mediocrity overnight and might go back to mediocrity the same way, names on paper doesnt win you games, each game is a new life in which anything can happen

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can someone explain what the refs were intending to do, if they found Durant wasn't out of bounds.

Is that ball to GSW, or would the basket count. I would think anything after a whistle cannot be retroactively allowed. and conversely, if it was the other way around and the shot originally counted, do they go to review to see if he step out? I don't think I've see a review of a made basket to check if the shooter was out. So I was surprised to see them go to review to see if he was in.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I don't think they can count the bucket in that instance as they are reviewing the play as an out-of-bounds play; as you said, they can't count anything after the whistle blew. They, more than likely, give the Warriors the ball on the sideline, although, the way the refs have been this year, who knows.

Both sides would have been pretty angry if it had resulted in a side-out to the Warriors.

heypartner likes this.
  16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Bill Walton was so annoying yesterday. It was unbelievable. Some of the quotes I remember from yesterday, "Rockets doesn't have the firepower to match up with GS." "Warriors deserve these calls (and one calls & 4 point play calls) because they are world champions!" "Blazers need to stop going to the refs!"

So bad, don't ever do that again ESPN.

heypartner likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That 18 game winning streak is really the only outlier

Rocket River

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 i am sure refs helped a lot(see rockets game) and they have a great home court
    2 in the time of adversity any human is capable of doing more than he think he can
    3 Brad Stevens (infamously called turd polisher)

Rocket River likes this.