1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 11/7/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 7, 2017.

1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Good thing we missed out on Melo

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Melo and Westbrook complaining about calls while shooting iso jumper after iso jumper and then I look at the boxscore and see they nearly tripled the King's free throw attempts on the Kings home floor (before all the intentional fouls at the end)

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Thunder might be 4-6 and look like garbage, but Russell Westbrook is only seven rebounds away from averaging a triple double and on his way to winning his second MVP award.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What is a large enough sample size for OKC? I still think it is too early, but now that the east is kind of good this year, there are no easy wins. Even the bottom feeding West teams out here trying to ruin their draft positioning.

arabrocket likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Geeeeez

Thunder have to figure out a way to get an offensive system in place. Right now they are laughably bad

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

30 games. If this continues it should forever seal the fate of Westbrook as an MVP candidate. Now he has too much help

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Tyreke has been so productive for the grizzlies and is a steal playing on minimum contract.

DreamShook and Reeko like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Even when you consider it's early and they are adjusting, that was a truly disgusting loss for OKC. The big 3 will either stick together and figure things out or eventually start hating each other.

My Blazers fan friend told me PG went out to dinner in Portland with Lillard and McCollum. Keep in mind WB and Lillard HATE each other.

Makes you wonder.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Does Billy Donovan really have an offensive system tho?

I see a lot of flaws in OKC...I’m hoping they have a disappointing season and Paul George ends up leaving

Fox is a game changer...he’s like the Kings lone bright spot

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

:eek: why? where's the beef?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would still be happy with Melo for Ryno if that had gone down...hell no from day 1 for Capela or Gordon for Melo tho

DreamShook likes this.
  13. what

what Member

Typical grizzlies game. Win games they are supposed to lose.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. Before I was confident he would buy in to the MDA system, but now that I see him so quick to go ISO in OKC, I dont know anymore.

It could be Melo is so quick to ISO because there is no offense or movement.

Cashmoney, BigShasta and Reeko like this.
  15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Call up the Thunder. Ryno is probably a better option at this point for them.

roslolian likes this.
  16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just one of those things. Can't remember exactly when it started but I've seen WB take physical shots at Lillard like he's sending some kind of message. I mentioned it because WB is the kind of guy who tells teammates who not to talk to and PG obviously knows about the animosity with Lillard.

Blazers fans have the delusional hope PG might sign with Portland next summer. This will feed the frenzy.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons, Lauri, Fox, Mitchell, Tatum, and Kuzma are the rookies that have really impressed me so far

I have never seen anything like what Fultz did to his jumper because of his shoulder...dude started shooting like Shaq

Lonzo looks a little suspect offensively

Smith Jr. has had some nice plays but so far he’s been really inefficient and is shooting 54% from the line...I think his style of play is going to lead to injuries down the line for him

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol @ sorry ass okc :D

i hope their sean elliottesque color commentator michael cage cries in his hotel room all nite

fox showed a lot of poise for a 19yr old closing out a tight 4th Q

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

same here, I was all in on Olympic/spot up Melo, but lately I’ve been starting to think that ISO just might be in his DNA, is ingrained in his head, and he’ll never really change...he just loves to pull up from midrange with a defender all over him and force shots...I think Harden and CP3 would’ve eventually gotten through to him tho

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Melo would have been way better in Houston smh