1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 1/27/2015

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. downbytheriver

Well, he's light footed. He's a pesky defender like sasha, not a lock down one like Bruce Bowen or prime Artest. Harden has more bulk but as long as he tries he does the job. KLay doesn't have the defensive instinct of ariza or Avery on Celtics so I don't see how being much more hyper and light footed automatically makes you a good Defender.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rose with 11 TOs + 0 assists would make Westbrook blu

How are they still within 8 points?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's a great defender to me (although I don't watch his every game). Remember, he guards the best perimeter player on the opposing team (even guys like Lebron). You can't fault him if he can't stop those guys sometimes b/c he also has to carry his load on offense.

It's like Lebron can't stop some players he guarded, but that didn't mean he wasn't an elite defender. Klay takes a huge burden off of Curry b/c he guards the elite PGs too, while Curry never has to guard anyone which allows him to conserve energy for playmaking and offense (he's like Ariza AND Beverley for the Warriors).

Klay shut down Harden this year with no help, while dropping 25+. And Harden didn't guard him on the other end.

He's an integral reason why the Warriors are one of the best defensive teams in the league.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I can't believe Rose hasn't been benched. I guess they figure he will need to put it together for them to win a championship.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Definitely dropped off a bit, but is still freaky fast and has the ability to make difficult layups.

He should be the primary reason why Chicago is so good, but it seems like they are succeeding in spite of him.

I'm willing to see how he looks in the playoffs before totally writing him off

Edit: Rose is now deferring to AB, goodness gracious

6. downbytheriver

Rose is a good player when Butler is playing. Without that offensive threat, he has to do too much and just isn't in shape to do so. Not a 1 man wrecking crew and that's fine, Chicago just has to nurture Butler as the primary

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh, I'm definitely not writing him off. I just think all the talk of "well if Rose gets back to superstar status the Bulls can be elite" is silly. It's very clear he's far from that level.

Luckily for Chicago...Jimmy Butler has stepped up as another capable star for them.

8. t_mac1

What Rose has is the TMAC syndrome: playing scared of an injury.

He still has that elite athleticism and quickness. But he plays scared, and afraid to fail. He restricts himself to the perimeter way too much nowadays, esp. after multiple injury scares this year.

If he doesn't want to play all out, he needs to evolve his game.

9. t_mac1

What I notice about the Warriors that will benefit them long term is their depth. Curry and Klay rarely play more than 35 minutes per game. Their legs will be fresh in the playoffs.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn rose is burning Steph. Kerr needs to make that adjustment this timeout.

11. t_mac1

I expect Kerr to put Klay on Rose, b/c Rose is just abusing Curry.

12. shastarocket

My God, we'd be favorites out of the west with Pau. He's carrying CHI to the finish line!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Butler is the Bulls primary creator in the playoffs, they are doomed. No amount of "nurturing" will turn him into something he isn't. Rose has to be the #1 guy on offense when the real season begins. However, because of Butler & Gasol, he doesn't have to carry the same load as 3 years ago.

14. dream2franchise

All that time injured, how is Rose's jump shot so bad? It's all he should have been working on if he couldn't run.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

God I hope chicgo pulls this one off if the refs don't step in. That was a clear foul on iggy on mirotic earlier in the game

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

HEINRICH!!!!!!

17. shastarocket

CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!

Edit: also Rose's first assist of the game is on the biggest shot, lol

18. t_mac1

Wow crazy finish. Curry with some boneheaded plays down the stretch.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What a sequence!

20. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

woah! What a game!

Klay game winner?