1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Finals] San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2013.
  1. Spurs in 4.

1.8%
  2. Spurs in 5.

9.3%
  3. Spurs in 6.

37.0%
  4. Spurs in 7.

13.6%
  5. Miami in 4.

1.2%
  6. Miami in 5.

3.9%
  7. Miami in 6.

20.5%
  8. Miami in 7.

12.7%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Rodman has to be up there when it comes to defensive versatility

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I agree! But **** Dallas too!

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is. But KG was better.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Could u guys imagine how boring the finals would have been had the pacers won?

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

That's my name, not my city...so I agree. I live in Austin and all I've heard about for the last 2 months are the Spurs. **** 'em!

6. omar23

omar23 Member

Interesting stat I noticed:

John Starks (Game 7 NBA Finals 1994) Shooting: 2-18

Danny Green's Games 6 +7 Combined Total: 2-19

Danny Green went out STARKS STYLE!

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I can't say he shut down TP without knowing where he was really at physically. Also, in this series they basically turned LeBron into a jump shooter for most of the game so I think he had some extra gas from not working as hard on the offensive side.

8. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah, he is kinda arrogant. Even when he's trying to be humble....
    "I'm from the inner city, I'm not supposed to be here!"
    someone in psychology (or just cynical) can see as..
    "I'm so great I accomplished something regular people never will, while at an even greater disadvantage than everyone".

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

How was that comment arrogant?

Basically anything he says will be turned into him being arrogant.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Look, I know the only thing anyone ever cares about is championships but it's absolutely ridiculous what the Spurs did this year. If you for a second think that anyone's legacy is tarnished on the Spurs because of this series, you are brain-dead. They took the second best player in NBA history to game SEVEN in his prime and was 28 seconds away from it from TAKING it from him. Spurs are a dynasty and a standard for excellence in sports. I have nothing but respect for them and as a Rockets fan, I know how fortunate we are to still be only two championships away from matching them. Hopefully the Harden/(Dwight) era is enough to match them one day, but tonight I celebrate Lebron's greatness and also the Spurs' greatness.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>&quot;Please continue to motivate me. I need you guys.&quot; - LeBron James to media</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statuses/347945359642877953">June 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LeBron: &quot;The vision that I had when I came here is all coming true.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/347942652848783360">June 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>LeBron James: &quot;This was the toughest championship this year between the two... We were down every game.''</p>&mdash; Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) <a href="https://twitter.com/christomasson/statuses/347944271590092800">June 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

12. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah, that's true. But are you saying he isn't, when most signs point to yes?

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm sure he is but I'm sure most people would be arrogant if they were in his shoes. There aren't many Tim Duncan type guys walking around the sports world.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

15. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. jocar

jocar Member

Agree, not all his fault, and I don't think that makes someone a bad person, just not as likeable.

Anyway, this might mean LA doesn't see him leaving Miami, and push even harder for Dwight :/

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Stern went out with a bang.

Lebron wins game 7 against the spurs to get his revenge for sweeping him 7 years ago.

18. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

This is awesome. Time to switch from the mobile theme so I can rep you

19. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

T-mac would have been a better option than Genobili or Boris Diaw down the stretch in games 6 and 7. Genobili is a turnover machine and Boris is trigger shy. T-mac maybe a shell of the player he once was, but he can still hit a jump shot, and his height/ wingspan allow him to shoot over defenders. I wish coach Pop would have given him a few minutes to see if could have provided a spark off of the bench. Coach Pop is loyal to a fault.

20. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

I am so happy that most people were wrong on the poll..... :grin: