1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Fantasy - Salary Cap Draft (Aus time)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Downtown Sniper, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hey all,

Unsure whether the Fantasy Sports section has much traffic, but thought I'd post anyway.

Our ESPN NBA Fantasy draft has two spots available if there's anyone who is interested.

It is a salary cap draft, head-to-head weekly matchups, and fantasy points are allocated to specific statistics.

The draft is scheduled for 7:45pm (Sydney time) on Sunday 22nd October.

$50 buy-in for a $500 prize pool.

Only requirement is availability for the draft - no auto-drafting.

Those in the US more than welcome to join, however I think the draft time would be in the very early hours of the morning.

The league also has a facebook messenger group thread with banter throughout the season.

2. Downtown Sniper

Sorry guys don't know if I can delete or close my own thread.

Will have to keep it open however the spots have now been filled.

3. Jamers

Jamers Member

oh, would love to join. :(
    i haven't tried salary cap draft? is it the same as auction?

4. Downtown Sniper

Sorry mate.. we went a couple of weeks without any of the 8 remaining in the league being able to find anyone who wanted to join.

I posted this and then almost instantly had a couple members message saying they found someone.

I'll be sure to send you a message next season if someone drops out.

Salary cap is everyone starts with $200.

Then each person nominates a player and a 60 second count down starts. The person who nominated gets first crack at naming a price and then everyone starts upping the bid (each bid adds another few seconds onto the timer) until the time hits zero and then whoever had the last bid drafts that player.

We found it's great because you can be sneaky and try to drive up the price of someone you don't want - meaning someone else in the league has less money to spend throughout the draft... it can backfire though... I tried doing that with Lillard last year but then got stuck with him as the highest bidder.