1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Fans on Facebook think Rockets have the worst roster in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Aug 16, 2012.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Reaction when I read the title: "**** yeah!"

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I hope you are joking about 800,000. We've clearly existed for 9 million years.

3. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

This one! AD (Anno Domini) vs. BC (Before Christ)

4. WNBA

WNBA Member

We must be living since dinosaur days or Barney wont tell us stories.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They may be right .... Only teams I think have a roster weaker top to bottom are the Bobcats , Bucks , Hornets and Pistons.

Sacramento has a 19/12 guy in the middle .... and added another guy in the middle who should be solid.

Orlando went with vets over kids and will probably win a few more games because of it.

The Nets who were abyssmal last season get their center back and added a SG.

The Wizards improved this offseason.

Portland solved their PG problems and added another big , their issues last season were injuries prior to going into the tank.

I think Phoenix will be better than expected with Dragic and Scola added to Gortat , Beasely and Brown.

The Rockets were the "best of the rest" this past season and lost both point guards , center , power forward and their 6th man from that squad .... Sure they added potential but its yet to show itself against real NBA competition.
    Its easy to believe the Rockets W/L record takes a hit because of it.

I could see them with a bottom five record .... and thats not all bad. Worst they could pick in that scenario in the next draft would be 8th.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, we are close to the bottom of the West but we're definitely not the worst. We'll be better than a number of teams in the East though.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If McHale plays this team to try to make the playoffs, he should be fired.

I am completely ok with Morey and Les and other FO people BSing the community about trying to win, but let's be clear: this roster is SOLELY built to develop the talent of our young players and get a top 5 pick next offseason. Morey did his job: he CLEARED OUT our entire rotation from last year save Parsons, PPat, and The Expiring Contract of Kevin Martin. This is a roster that should compete for #1. In the lottery.

Heads should roll if we are mediocre once again.

8. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Yeah! Let's do it! I know if we all give it our best shot we can! just be sure to get enough rest and eat breakfast ...

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree with the first part .... but not the bold.

For this team to end up ~.500 one or more of the young guy's is going to have to have a hell of a season .... meaning Morey would have had a hell of a draft.