1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Promises & the Rockets trying to get a late 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jun 20, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Very athletic type of player, I actually like this guy, could be great addition to the team.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we can forget about aldrich...there's no way he gets by Utah, he's Ostertag 2.0, but better. He brings exactly what they need, a traditional center who can defend the rim and rebound.

3. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Why am I not surprised that the Blazers always seem to want to be the pick right before the Spurs or Rockets? :mad:

They pretend to do all this research, however, at the end of the day it's all about copying someone else's homework. :(

4. Htown's2kFinest

Williams really isn't that undersized at all. He is JT's height but he has a longer wingspan. Just look at that video of him throwing it down. He doesn't look 6'4" at all, but more like 6'6".

But heck yeah if we get to TWO 1st rounders. Screw waiting, lets get a couple of guys this year!

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

williams seems to be what dorsey was to landry, possibly vice versa......but my point is it could be someone houston wants as an asset....basically a car that's not all that reliable/valuable long term, but with some tweaks and a nice paint job it'll get you something you need/want.

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

dad how could u....

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

lol..

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

exactly what they mean..

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I have a feeling these events are going to go down IF we stay put at 14 (which is IMO a 4% chance):

14th pick: Paul George
    FA: DJ "Congo Ca$h" Mbenga as backup C

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How can you watch this video and not think he's gonna be a bust?

I doubt he even gets picked up in the first round unless someone is really stupid.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So you think Utah would actually trade their 9th pick for our 14th and Jermaine Taylor? Wow, you must have really been on something yesterday, just because they need a shooting guard doesn't mean they'd give up a top 10 pick for a second rounder and a 14th.

So we're taking a big man.... why hasn't anyone been throwing the name of Ed Davis around? To me he seems like a Bosh 2.0, he has great length, athleticism, played in the ACC, is a lefty, and can space the floor.

If it weren't for that wrist injury he'd be a little higher on most draft boards. He would be someone I could see Morey moving up for.

I like Ed:

[​IMG]

12. Rluvsy

Rluvsy Member

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I know they wouldn't do that, I was just joking around, that's way I posted this ";)" right after it... but I admit it was a fail on my part...

With that said I don't think the Rockets are Interested enough on Ed Davis to move up a couple of spots to get him ... I also read somewhere that the Jazz are very interested in him, so he might not even get past the 9th pick

I think If we draft a big, I believe is going to be someone that can play the center position ... Whiteside, Sanders, Orton and Aldrich...

--RB

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I read the same thing, but I think its for Soloman Alabi.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I find what Rluvsy just posted is very telling on what our strategy this coming draft is. Well, it really hasn't changed much from any other Morey draft days. But with especially this one, where there are more quality big men than other position players available, it does sound like they will stick to their guns and draft the BPA. The right thing to do.

So everyone screaming for a Whiteside, Sanders, or Alabi at 14 will likely be disappointed if we happen to draft X Henry, Paul George, or even an Avery Bradley which I highly doubt will happen but it is a possibility.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Why not?

You guys are talking like this couldn't happen, but I think it works for Utah, and it can work for us, depending on what we think we'll get at #9. Utah can still get a nice player at #14.

As ppl keep saying about Chase, he is no longer a 2nd round pick; judge him on what he is now, and seems to be becoming. JT is WAY better than just a 2nd-round pick; he has proven that he at least belongs in the NBA. I think that right there is worth 4 2nd-rounders.

I have also thought that we could trade JT and a 2nd-rounder (this year's would be ideal if we had it) for, say, a #15 pick. Thus, we could get a small and a big, e.g., Whiteside or Orton plus Xavier Henry or Elliott.

A team that didn't want to commit to paying a 1st-rounder might do that.

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

of course it works for Utah - if we assume they want to suck.

JT is not "way better than a 2nd round pick". Gilbert Arenas is way better than a 2nd round pick. JT couldnt get consistent minutes on a team with a revolving door at SG. he hasn't proven anything. if he's involved in a deal it will be to match money, not as a significant piece.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Reminds me of another Cuttino Mobley.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

"We'll try to replace Landry through the draft.." -Daryl Morey

Patterson seems like that guy.