1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Lottery (UPDATE : Rockets get 14th pick)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, May 12, 2011.

1. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

He's another small PF.........6'8

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

billgasm at 5:21

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I like PPat and think he will end up being the steal of this past draft but you also have to consider Daryl's strategy. He wants a star player and doesn't really believe he will get it through the draft but rather via trade. If your Orlando or NOLA and finally decide to move their stars, would you want a solid starting caliber PF or the #2 pick in the draft with a huge upside?

NJ and Utah set the example of how to acquire a disgruntled star from a disgruntled franchise. Picks, high celiling prospects and cap relief. Both wanted Favors, even though the chances are fairly high he could bust but the possiblity he might turn into a franchise player was to much to pass up. PPat won't be a franchise player, reality is what it is, but there is a chance Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter might.

For the record, I don't think it will take PPat or want to use him to move up to #2 or #4 but rather Kevin Martin. Minnesota needs a legit scoring SG in the worst way and Martin fits the bill, don't buy Kahn not liking him after watching him play a full healthy season. Cleveland needs scoring period and could have a VERY nice backcourt of Irving and Martin for years to come along with another 1st rd pick they'd probably acquire and their James T/E. Cleveland is already reported to want MORE picks to fill out their roster, their football team did something similar in the NFL draft, so moving Martin, 14th and next years #1 makes TONS of sense.

4. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I'll consider trading Martin to the Cavs if we get Varejao from that deal..C position solved and we'll have a flopping duo..:grin:

5. rockets06

rockets06 Member

If Williams and Kanter are off the board at #4 who would we trade up for and take? If we did I'd rather ask for Erden in return.

6. rockets934life

That would be a tough spot, not a fan of Knight or Walker at the #4 spot. I guess, Vesely would be my guy...big time upside and freaky athlete. I'd also look at Shelby with the 23rd pick.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id gamble a few of our role players or one of our good players for a potential stud young player with the number two pick. What are you holding onto these guy for? For another run at 500 ball? Seriously there comes some gambling at this point to get back at the top.

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

lmao you aint lying, "patterso--ahhhhh" lol

9. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

10. rockets934life

Interesting, if Martin is moved during the draft or in another deal down the road, Lee and Burks would make for a nice 1-2 combo at the SG spot.