1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lmfao are you kidding me?

[​IMG]

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm on the Clips -8 for 3 units tonight. Either LAC comes out with a sense of urgency and wins by double digits or they show everyone that they're not the contenders they thought they were.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Clips is going to win. When NBA admits they missed a call, that's a clue to the refs.
    Rockets also win game 2.

4. ln3012

ln3012 Member

don't forget about making GIFs. hopefully no one is doing that on clutchfans either

1 person likes this.
  5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Give this guy a round of applause.

We need more guys like you bro.

Guys like you who don't swear, stream Rockets games, download music, etc etc. The world would be a far better place.

Bravo!

1 person likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

this guy knows whats up.

Anyways, the refs will hand us the next game but I wouldn't doubt Mchale still managing to lose it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Why are you not making 1st half bets on Clips -5 for 1000000000 units? Damn it Kwame, you could have cashed in your ticket already and hit up Marquee Mondays with full pockets.

8. Kwame

This is how we do it gentlemen. Haters can only bow their heads in respect:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/s_LdEnZWCMQ?hl=en_US&start=48"amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/s_LdEnZWCMQ?hl=en_US&start=48"amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I'm waiting for you to make your way back out here so we can roll out as a team.

#1028 Kwame, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  9. Kwame

Hey fallenphoenix, since you "help your friends with their bets and are never wrong", post your picks so that they're documented. That'll allow all of us to see the only undefeated sports bettor in history. My money is on you being full of crap.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Props on this one... I thought Warriors could hang but Clips dominated... no answer for Blake Griffin.

Anyways, tonight I picked Hawks +7.5, Raptors -4.5, and Bulls -5.5

11. clippy

clippy Member

Tomorrow, bet the house on your Rockets. Although the Clippers would have blown the Dubs out either way, they got some expected early help from the refs to get Klay etc. in foul trouble, and you guys will see the same (expect Aldridge on the bench in the 1st Q). Rockets will be favored by 6 or 7 and I fully expect them to cover.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Please don't, clippy. Can't have a repeat of last time

#1032 RedNation, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  13. clippy

clippy Member

Don't worry RedNation, my losing streak ended yesterday when I made over 2K. Plus, this is LOCK.

14. Kwame

Where's Mr. undefeated fallenphoenix who's never posted a pick in this entire thread, but claims that he's never lost, lol.

There's no such thing as a lock.

15. clippy

clippy Member

That's not true. There was a game in 2006 where the Grizzlies played the Clippers and the loser essentially got better playoff seeding (HCA and an easier opponent) due to the wacky division rules at the time. At the time, the Clippers were coached by Mike Dunleavy, who is a sleazeball opportunist like Mark Jackson, while the Grizzlies were coached by Mike Fratello, all around good sport. So the Grizzlies did the "right" thing and tried to win, and the Clippers rested everyone and overtly tanked. The books did not adjust their initial lines though and the Clippers were actually favored to win.

I made a lot of money on that LOCK.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lol seems legit...

17. Kwame

Clippy, that sounds more like luck than a lock, but whatever. My track record in this thread alone speaks for itself so I think I know what I'm talking about.

18. clippy

clippy Member

I hit the hat trick on the Clippers game 1st, 2nd, and full game, and I also had MEM to cover (although they did everything to blow that). However, I was down over $6K in the previous two weeks so I'm not near my peak yet.

19. clippy

clippy Member

What do you mean.. that was definitely a LOCK game. I mean, admittedly, that kind of game is very unusual since you have to count on the books not adjusting the line. I'm not sure it even happens anymore since there is so much Internet gambling and a lot of sites delay their open until the line has already moved. But there was no way in hell anyone who knew anything about the Clippers could lose that bet.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Any true gambler knows that there is no such thing as a lock. They don't even utter the word. You're full of ****, clippy.