1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. clippy

clippy Member

Well was right about Phoenix but wtf happened with OKC? They were covering when I checked and then fell apart in the 4th. Mid season sports betting is tough!

2. clippy

clippy Member

Tomorrow I like Memphis +4 @Denver (who seems to be having internal strife), also Atlanta +2.5 hosting GS as a sort of trap fallback game. Probably Utah +4 hosting LAL just because I can't believe the Lakers are favored over anyone at this point (but it smells like a setup). Gonna also take the Clippers -1 over Dallas even though I thought Dallas should be favored.

3. clippy

clippy Member

Dang 3/4. Had a parlay that would have been really sweet too!

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I've been away for a while, but is there still any interest in this thread?

I'm looking at the Knicks, Suns, and Warriors for tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  5. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

I think the Mavs beat the suns

6. Kwame

Coin flip game for sure...I was leaning Suns then Mavis and now Suns again so I'll stay away. I'm on the Knicks +4.5 at home vs LAC and Orlando +1 at home vs the Bobcats. Hoping for a bounce back game from NY and this may be Orlando's only chance to win a game until they play the Bucks at the end of the month. I also like T-Wolves +1 and Nuggets -7, but I'm only playing those two games as of now. GSW-OKC is intriguing, but too close to call imo. I have a feeling Warriors are due for a bad stretch of games, but OKC did win an emotional game last night. I might make another play later on depending on how those first two games do.

7. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Well good luck I have gsw I think Oklahoma playing on a back to back without Westbrook is pretty tough

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I hope nobody here bet the LAC-NYK under... whoever did must be livid right now. I just tuned in for the last 20 seconds - first Jamal Crawford makes a 3 from 30 feet out with 9 seconds left in a blowout. Then, Tim Hardaway Jr. decides to shoot one from 30 ft at the buzzer and makes it. 6 meaningless points to put the total at 204. Of course my first degenerate thought was 'I wonder what the O/U was'. The answer was 202 lol.

9. Kwame

Wow, what a massacre tonight. If you want to make money at the moment, bet against Kwame. Nothing else for me tonight, but I would take GSW or nothing so that means OKC probably wins. Might make one more play tomorrow on Pacers against Clips.

10. Kwame

A few more plays for tonight and then I'll see everybody during the playoffs:

Detroit +6
    Indiana -9
    Houston -13.5
    GSW -4

Fading me would be a good idea right now since I'm rusty...either way good luck.

11. Kwame

Made up for the losses last night by going 3-1 tonight. It would've been a clean sweep, but garbage time during the Rockets game screwed me over. I don't know if I can stay away until the playoffs, but we'll see.

12. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

You came up ahead you can't leave till the playoffs we need some gambling insight so I can tail your bets

13. Kwame

Preliminary leans for MLK Day are Cleveland +2 at home vs Dallas & GSW +1.5 at home vs Indy. If you can wait right until tipoff, you should be able to get slightly better odds on both of these.

Not sure how much time I'll have in the future to post plays, but I will whenever I have a chance. Hopefully others will start participating in this thread again so we can get a dialogue going.

14. Kwame

Not feeling too great about it, but Cleveland +1.5 at home vs Dallas is confirmed.

Edit: Cavs did everything they could to give that game away. Let's see if we can lose the rest of our money on GSW -1 at home against Indiana.

Double Edit: GSW just couldn't match Indiana's style of play and they lost. I definitely need to take a break rather than running the risk of chasing.

#994 Kwame, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  15. instantno0o0dle

what happened to this thread!?

Thinking about doing a three team teaser.
    Pacers -2 vs Blazers
    Kings +2 vs Celtics
    Clippers -1 1/2 vs Raptors

Thoughts?

16. clippy

clippy Member

Your teaser looks good but teasers always look good.. that's how they get ya! If you want real opinions on gambling NBA (or anything else) you should probably checkout sbrforum since that's where all the degens hangout.

17. Kwame

Not a big fan of teasers or parlays, but I like the Pacers and Kings picks. Indy is lethal at home and even better on 2 days rest. Not having Stephenson will hurt, but their role players should play better at home. Portland doesn't have much of a bench and Mo Williams being out will hurt them more, especially coming off a back to back. Kings have been the best team ats for the past month or so. I think Rondo is out and Bradley is 50/50 so I would cautiously go with the Kings too. Not sure about the LAC-Raptors game. I think that will be a real close game. If it is then you might wanna tease up Toronto instead of teasing down LAC. Plus the NBA owes the Raptors from the other night. I haven't been betting much, but that's my two cents fwiw.

18. instantno0o0dle

Yeah I ended up just parlaying Indiana moneyline (-240) and Sacremento -1 1/2. Happy gambling!

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What's with Houston business owner's losing big bets? First the Super Bowl furniture guy, now this? Are there a lot of degen gamblers in Houston or something? :)

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2014/...erence-win-cost-jeweler-johnny-dang-thousands

1 person likes this.
  20. Andrew Wiggins

Just maxed out one of my credit cards and dropped $2,400 on the Thunder +2 at the half.

I'm going to win something for watching this garbage rigged game.