1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. poing

poing Member

7-1-1. It was a good day.

record for the season is now 106-81-1

1 person likes this.
  2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I had an account with Bovada back when it was Bodog. They're not bad. I've heard good things about Pinnacle and 5Dimes too.

Yeah, the total was a little too high for my taste given how poorly the Bulls play against elite teams and how they also have a tendency to turn the game ugly. Thibs is a disciple of JVG after all. Even when they got blown out by Miami a few games ago, they turned the game ugly and the under cashed. Also, Hinrich is still out and Deng is on a 35 mpg limitation. I haven't bet the over on a Bulls game this entire season. I'm 3-0 on betting the under in Chicago games. Look for the Bulls to play much better next game. That's been the pattern for them lately... Blown out at Denver and win at Utah next day... Blown out by Miami and blow out the Bobcats the next day... We'll see if the trend continues...Might be worth a wager.

I couldn't make it in time to bet on the Spurs to cover the spread so I chased my earlier loss with a parlay on the OKC game. I was able to at least recover most of the $55 I lost on Golden State. I didn't make it in time for the OKC game either and had to do an in-game wager after a few minutes had passed, which adds a little extra juice (-115 vs -110) for the books so the payout is a little less, but a win is a win. I'm either 2-1 or 3-1 in this thread so far depending on how you calculate parlay victories.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome, keep posting your picks. Nothing square about going 7-1-1 ats. I'll try to post my picks earlier too. Sucks that the weekend is over and I have to get back to the real world. I can't spend as much time being a degen. Early leans for me for tomorrow so far are Detroit +2, Washington +4.5, Utah -6.5, and Denver -6.

4-2 I think here....That's damn good on totals.

#42 Kwame, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. poing

poing Member

Utah Jazz -6½ -vs Boston Celtics
    Toronto Raptors -4½ vs Washington Wizards
    Atlanta Hawks -3 vs Detroit Pistons
    Boston Celtics/Utah Jazz Under 190
    Los Angeles Lakers/Denver Nuggets Over 218

my action for tonight.

4. famicom

famicom Member

Almost hit my parlay 7 on Saturday, the one I missed was the Rockets game :mad:

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I rather deal with a local than dealing with depositing and withdrawing money through 5dimes, bovada, etc. And the good thing is everything is web based. Hit me up for more info if you're interested.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I emailed you through the board, thanks!

7. BmwM3

Hmm for some reason I'm not seeing your email?

Edit: Nevermind. I'm too impatient.

8. hoannggg

hoannggg Member

Wish i had seen your post sooner...i put some down for Boston and the Over...

9. Kwame

Here are my plays for today:

Wizards +6
    Hawks -3.5 (Brandon Knight remains a game-time decision and Bynum is suspended and Drummond is out)
    Utah -7.5 (Not too confident about this one... seems a little high. Celtics have a few days off after this game and Doc did a good job of managing their mins last night)
    Lakers +7.5 (I don't trust the Lakers, but they might be able to keep it close with Gallinari hurting. Spread here seems a little too high as well).
    Lakers/Nuggets total under 218

10. BmwM3

I'm liking the Nuggets tonight. Lakers are hot and line is way to high. Seems like a trap into picking the Lakers.

11. Kwame

Yeah, I just might have fallen into that trap. I'm thinking Denver either wins a close one or it's a Nuggets blowout.

12. BmwM3

If anyone likes betting College, Marquette looks like a good play tonight. Syracuse is going down.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

(1-0)

Washington @ Toronto UNDER 192.

14. BmwM3

Seton Hall looks like a nice play tonight. Villanova should win easily, but that's not gonna happen. Taking Seton Hall(+4.5) and The Boston Celtics (+7.5).

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

DAMN son, on a roll!!!

16. poing

poing Member

you're looking good tonight. got both the wizards and the hawks.

lol. of all people here, I don't think you should let my picks influence yours. at least through 1.5 quarters, that game is on pace for the over. long way to go though.

grats, you're 2-0 in the thread now. lookin' sharp.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nice work... 3-0? Do you prefer betting college or NBA?

Thanks!

Small slate today, but we got 8 games to choose from tomorrow night! 2 of them involve 15 pt favs lol (MIA & LAC). Seems like this thread is starting to pick up a little bit of steam... keep the winners comin'!

[​IMG]

18. hoannggg

hoannggg Member

You're absolutely right :grin:

19. poing

poing Member

2-3 today and 9-4-1 in this thread.

could've been worse. hoping for a better day tomorrow

20. BmwM3

I prefer college over the nba because once a team goes into tank mode, you don't know when they want to play. College kids(well most) will try their hardest. This year the tourney should be crazy cause there is no clear cut dominate team. Which makes it fun betting cause you just pick the weak lines that Vegas is trying to lure you into playing and play the opposite. Nice thread. Keep the plays coming fellas.