1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Countdown and the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Apr 2, 2016.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not sure if any of you CFers bother to watch Countdown but jeez, just about every episode this season has been a Warriors love fest but yet that wasn't even as bad as tonight's episode.

They spent EVERY SINGLE MINUTE talking about the Warriors, prior to a game involving the Cavs and Hawks. I believe they also showed every 3 pointer Steph Curry took this season.

The Sportscenter and NBA Countdown Curry love fest is amazing. It wasn't this bad with LeBron and the Cavs/Heat was it???

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I hate drinking diet sodas.

I avoid drinking diet sodas

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They are the best team in the league bro...Yea...its sickening to only here about them, but they are a damn good team and on the verge of breaking a record..most of us never thought possible.

Oh and they have a superstar MVP who has made the casual observer tune into basketball. Curry has redefined prolific shooting.

What helped the Celtics win tonight was to punch back as Curry was going nuts...When Curry dropped 6 3's in the 3rd, the Celtics answered back with buckets of their own.

4. what

what Member

They are on the verge of 73 wins. I don't see the problem.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't watch any NBA talk shows these days.

But I remember back in Jordan's prime, we used to get translated American NBA shows here in Lithuania, and all of them seemed to be about Jordan.

Just share volume made me dislike Jordan and like Reggie Miller.

6. ferrari77

You don't see the problem with devoting 60 minutes of an entire pre-game show (especially when unlike TNT you don't have a post game show) to a team that isnt playing in your 1st game?

That's why you don't deserve nice things and your team passes up guys like Rodney Hood for Jordan Adams.

7. ferrari77

Ah ok. Then again, maybe that's just a foreign thing, to put programs abroad that place a heavy emphasis on the particular sports best player. Or maybe most of the shows in the 90s were heavy on the MJ love in the USA and abroad. I'd definitely love to find some of the pregame shows from NBC in the 90s and TNT and see if they ever devoted as much time to loving MJ as ESPN and its pregame show does with Curry and the Bulls. Obviously the chase for the record is important and deserves coverage, just seems like they are doing a little too much.

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Have to realize. All ESPN has left is the NBA + CF. they're banking on those Warriors

9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

What will be funny is if ESPN does this again for one of their ECF games, when the WCF will be on TNT this year.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Since GS played the second game, would they have had time to "hype" up that game? Most of the time, after the first game finishes, they cut straight into the commentators for the second game without a studio update / break.

That could be the reason why they spent most of their time talking about them. Plus, it's Golden State. The best team in the league that's chasing 73 wins with the most-likely MVP of this season? What's not to talk about?

11. ferrari77

My brethren, they didn't just spend "most" of the time talking about them. They spent "ALL" the allotted time talking about them. I haven't seen that before. There was barely a 30 second preview of the 1st game. Especially seeing as the 1st game featured an equally annoying but always newsworthy Cleveland Cavs team.

12. ferrari77

Oh word, I didn't think about that. That will be just hilariously ESPN if they talk about nothing but the Warriors prior to an ECF game they are showing.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

ESPN has ClutchFans?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mr Chuck Norris

sometimes, i cant tell the difference

15. chandlerbang21

Unlike the NFL the NBA doesn't have much to talk about on a national level. They don't have enough star players so they push the same three to four teams all year. If you're not stalking about Steph Curry then there's LeBron James and Kevin Durant. And if they want to trash somebody they trash the Houston Rockets

16. dream2franchise

SO MUCH THIS!!!

It was the same in Australia. We had the top ten plays of the week and you could put money on MJ being #1 and it was normally just a garden variety fast break dunk. Even at 12-13 years old I remember thinking...'really?'

I remember having a magazine and it was a Shaq/Hakeem feature. In the paragraph it said something like this:

"Hakeem Olajuwon has shown he may just be the best mortal player in the world. (We all know who the best non-mortal player is)"

You couldn't escape it.

17. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah NBA coverage in Australia through most of the 90s was 99% Jordan / bulls

18. VBG

VBG Member

Show is for casual fans. All casual fans care about are the Warriors. It's to build their interest.

We're already hooked

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Agree with you about NBA pushing the same 3-4 teams down our throats all year. But the NBA has become a league with not a lot of parity. The NFL...any team can contend for a championship in a 3 year window pretty much.

Oh and the Rockets are trashed, because maybe we are trash... :(