1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com's Rick Kamla Ranks Francis As #1 Fantasy PG

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Just B, Oct 6, 2004.

1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Im was gona have Steve on my fantasy team before this even came out. His numbers were low last year so he'll come cheap BUT look for thoughs numbers to take a big jump upwords.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

They'll be playing him at the 2 a lot too since they're really high on Jameer Nelson...maybe a 3 guard rotation with Hill at PF and Dwight at C sometimes?

The fact remains he is the most viable "Point guard" option in fantasy right now.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

There is a reason why it's called fantasy sports. In fantasy game, Ben Wallace is better than Yao Ming. And Amare Stoudemire is better than Dirk Nowitzki.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

like that time we went 2-23 without him? or lost by 20 to phoenix without him? or the time he led the team in net plus/minus differential (as in last year)?

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We are talking about fantasy teams here not real life....

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You mean you can't take a 20 pt scorer off of a team without warning or replacement, have Moochie Norris start in his place, also lose 2 other starters and continue to be competitive? Who would have thought? The same year, Francis managed to win 0 games when Mobley was out, does that make Mobley the best player in basketball, or were the Rockets incredibly thin?

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

mo and glen missed games (well basically the whole season) while steve played as well and we still went 26-31. i mean look at the 15 game losing streak. games 2-15 were the first 14 games steve missed. 14 in a row as soon as he stopped playing, incredible.

and i know we went 0-8 when mobley didn't play. but i never said he wasn't real important as well.

but the difference between 2-23 and 26-31 (especially considering that included our late tanking effort when langhi and collier started seeing minutes) is startling and has to mean something very positive about steve being on the court. arguing otherwise is silly.

8. StupidMoniker

What it means is Moochie Norris sucks and shouldn't even be in the NBA. Now he is playing for the Knicks, which is basically the same thing. No team starting Moochie Norris, Walt Williams, Oscar Torres, etc. (all starters in that span) is going to have a respectable record. On the other hand, a team with two twenty point scorers and a solid defensive presence should be able to be around .500. Not surprisingly, with Cat, Francis, and Cato, they did just that. It doesn't really say anything about the greatness of Francis, just that he is as good as any other 20ppg player, like a Ricky Davis, Jerry Stackhouse, or Jalen Rose.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And we all see how good Stackhouse's, Rose's, and Davis's teams are when they do play. I mean Davis's team almost cracked the 40 game win mark with him playing the whole season.

10. StupidMoniker

Exactly. Now you're getting it.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The only thing I get is that hate makes smart posters write stupid things. Even after Steve's worst season he is in a different from league from the Ricky Davis's of the world. And there are no stats are team wins that can help you argue otherwise.