1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com: Who is the best player in Texas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Just wanted to bump this up. Yao and Steve are droping in the standings.

Dirk Nowitzki

33%

Tim Duncan

25%

Yao Ming

25%

Steve Francis

10%

Steve Nash

4%

Michael Finley

2%

Other

1%

Blatz

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I voted last night at home and today at my work computer. Yao Ming initially led the poll but is slipping and now is THIRD! Come one everyone on the BBS, take a second and go and vote!

http://www.nba.com/

Chris

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

it may be hard for some people here to accept, but yao ming is better than steve francis.

4. yahooforyao

yahooforyao Member

NBA.COM pole "Who is the best player in texas"

There is a recent Pole on Nba.com that ask's the question: Who is the best player in Texas? (pole still up)

a) Dirk Nowitzki

b)Steve Francis

c)Tim Duncan

d) Michael Finley

e)Yao Ming

f)Steve Nash

g)Other

(in no particular order)**

Yesterday Yao was ranked no 1 on that pole in front of Nowitzki and Duncan.. to my delight. today Nowitzki.. who do you guys think is no 1? I think this pole should be taken close to the end of the season..when Yao has had more time to flourish his game, and then I think Yao would be 1st. But now, Yao (in my opinion) is the biggest impact palyer in the NBA. On that list no one has more of an impact to there team, to texas, hell the NBA right now then YAO MING!! DAMN IT.
    What do you think?

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Right now...i'd say Duncan is the best. Nowitzky second. Yao third. But Yao will be the best without a doubt, seemingly sooner than most thought. I voted Yao :)

btw: it's a poll...not a pole.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I think Yao is close to being the best, but not yet. One thing is for sure though. He is bringing a lot of attention back to the NBA.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Speaking of NBA.com voting, does anyone know when the firs all-star voting update is scheduled to come out? We've been voting for almost an entire month.

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Right now
    1. Ducan
    2. Dirk
    3. Franchise
    4. YAO
    5. Finley
    6. Nash

If Yao keeps this up for the rest of the season he will probay be #2 possibly #1 if he improves even more.
    No Mobley on the list? :(

9. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Right now - December 2002 - This is my list:

1)Duncan

2)Francis

3)Nowitzki

4)Finley

5)Yao

I could flip Francis and Nowitzki. Although Yao is 5th, its no knock on him. The top three players are arguably legitimate ALL NBA players. The fact that we even debate that Yao could be better than Nowitzki, which he isn't - YET, is incredible.

Yao should get better than a couple of those names ahead of him, but right know - today - today - not next year - the top 4 on that list all have complete and at time unstoppable game. In fact I would argue that Francis is playing the best out of all those guys.

The power and talent is moving or has moved from the West Coast to Texas. That's no "East coast." bias crap.

"DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!!!"

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with Moligity completely except that I might flip Francis with Nowitzki....

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Right now, Francis is the best player in Texas, since Yao is still a rookie, and won't always be as consistent. Finley, Nowitski, individually, are not as good as Francis. It is the Dallas chemistry that has been winning games. Duncan is leading the Spurs nowhere, and I firmly believe that the Rockets will finish ahead of them.

When he is on, Yao is right behind Francis. As far as overall team impact, Yao leads the pack.

12. Toast

Toast Member

If you flipped Franchise & Nowitzki, that's how I'd put it.

13. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I agree with what u said ZRB but despite how the spurs are playing Duncan is still putting up good stats.

14. cas

cas Member

If this was a state team, I wonder if it can beat the west coast?

15. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

16. link

link Member

when the rockets beat all the teams in texas, yao + steve should be ranked above all of them.

17. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Duncan and Dirk are 1 & 2 respectively now. Yao will be 1 & 2 be the end of the year!!

18. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Well as of now, Yao is number one and Francis is down to number four. Over 145,000 have voted. Does anyone think that you can look at this poll and then number of votes and not think Yao is a starter on the all star team with Shaq backing him up? I think the world of Yao and his talent but I voted for Francis before I saw the current totals. I was just there to vote on the all star team as I do every night.

19. never

never Member

u can't compare yao with stev. they are two different type of player.

20. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Ok, who really cares.

Who's the best WR in california?
    Who's the best OF in Florida?
    Who's the best Goalie in NY?