1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com]Video: A brand new season awaits without Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Riz, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlgKo-4yLmQ
    or www.youtube.com/nba

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VlgKo-4yLmQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VlgKo-4yLmQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This new 07-08 season video from NBA.com has no sign of Houston Rockets... so much for the national media coverage.

2. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

yao and okur tipped off near the end :D

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

its a good thing there isnt much national hype surrounding the rockets...that just makes them have more to prove when the season starts.

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

yeah for how many seconds? or should I say millisecond?

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Who cares about national media coverage. I gave up on that a long time ago. I rather have us fly under the radar all season and surprise everyone when we win the championship. And then, we call all say in unison, "WE TOLD YOU SO!". So F the media, we don't need them.

6. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

"I have one thing to say to those non-believers....."

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Can't expect much when you have made it past the first round in however long. Yeah, we made some nice additions, but James, Francis, and Scola aren't going the get the hype that Boston with Garnett and Allen or Seattle with Durant are going to get. Of course they're going to show the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. Of course they're going to show Kobe, Lebron, and Wade. This isn't really a surprise to me.

8. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

Houston Rockets... always underestimated. Just as the Texans are being ignored as fakers in the NFL, the NBA will know soon enough how good the Houston Rockets are.

9. IMissJVG

IMissJVG Rookie

Are you kidding me? Did you not watch TV at all within the last week? Going into the Colts game, the Texans were all over ESPN. Even after the Colts loss, people understood that we could've won the game if we were healthy. In fact, in the Fox Sports power rankings, we actually moved up a spot despite losing.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Tracy Mcgrady may not have the heart (and back) of a champion.

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Who cares???
    Smart people recognize good stuff,we don't need no commercial...

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Looks like, other than the Celtics, who are on the east coast (which is CLEARLY the center of the universe), there were only playoff teams from last year in the video, but the Rockets were definitely a conspicuous absence.

13. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Who cares, if you want to get picky, Utah got slighted more than us. I mean where was Utah, they made it to the conference finals, not that I really count Golden State but still, where were a lot of teams. The media played the money queens, Kobe (not the lakers), Suns (I think they were covered most) the big Garnett splash, Detroit, Chicago. They only showed a few of the big teams that were in the playoffs. I think if we would have beaten Utah, we would be more in the videos.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Isn't that Utah celebrating in their ugly *ss blue uni's?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, saw that too.

DD

16. redao

redao Member

[​IMG]
    Utah's appearance.

17. FFz

FFz Member

Yea... a lot of teams didn't get on there. At least Yao got like a millisecond. Clippers had no love... Denver... Portland... Memphis... Miami(?)... bobcats.. Hornets... They just put the most popular teams on there. Unfortunately no one in houston seems to care about the rockets.

18. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Yea, quiet assassin is alway better...Butt kissing is not how I want to gain respect, we need to earn it and win the division!

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why are you a Rockets fan?

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

he's a spy trying to drain the optimism out of this board.

by the way the heart to our team will be wearing the number 3