1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Thunder have pieces to make push for Raptors' Bosh

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rookie34, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/art_garcia/01/17/bosh.thunder/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Wow ... Bosh a Thunder? That would be a scary team! :eek:

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

They better make sure he signs an extension upon a trade because I'm not so sure Bosh would stay there. Then again, maybe he would. JMO

3. what

what Member

If I'm the raptors and if Bosh is willing to accept a sign and trade, I'm asking for Jeff Green, James Harden and a first round pick.

This still gives OKC a great core with Thabo and Westbrook in the back court.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not quite Texas. But OKC is about the same distance from Bosh's hometown Dallas as Houston is from Dallas.

5. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Green has been inconsistent and disappointing. I would ask for Ibaka, Green, and Hardin and then see how OKC responded.

6. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

I think he would stay there if he and durant can play good together, they would be a really good team.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I promise you Presti would do that in a heartbeat. Instantly they become a 50+ win team. A couple more seasoned veterans (including a legit rebounding and defending C) and the Thunder would contend.

8. Castro

Castro Member

I Just don't see them being that great with Bosh either. Something about them....a lot of talent but meh....i dunno...i just don't see it.

9. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

It
    s probably because we don't see that team play much besides games against the Rockets, and they don't seem to play too well against Houston.

10. Castro

Castro Member

Ya and also, although i love the guy, Durant just doesn't seem like a championship caliber wing, or at least not one that could carry a team if Bosh was taken out of the game like most bigs down the stretch.

I guess it just seems like they would be a fluke combo.

11. RocketMania1991

If Bosh went there and signed that would be a nasty pair.

Could be the next tandem similar to how Shaq and Kobe were.

12. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

They need a shotblocking defensive minded center more than Bosh. Also they need to get rid of Green while his value is high because he will be a bust.

[​IMG]

If they somehow pull this and find some veteran FA's (ala Stackhouse) to play off the bench this year, they will be the best two team with LA out there.

Kevin Durant is amazing guys, give him good players and he can do anything. I'm sure he'll be better than Kobe.

13. nahmorlah

nahmorlah Contributing Member

The dude is averaging 30 ppg, 48.6% fgp, with 7.2 rbg, 2.9 apg, and 1.35 spg. How is this NOT a guy carrying the team?

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Shot-blocking defensive centers are much more readily available than Bosh. If they want one, they just have to pay: Dalembert, Camby, Dampier, etc. Getting Bosh won't hurt their chances of getting a big man.

15. Asian Sensation

If I'm OKC I'm giving up Green + whoever else outside of Durant/Westbrook without thinking twice if it meant landing Bosh.

If I'm the Raptors I'm asking for a lot more than a package featuring Green if it meant losing Bosh.

OKC is not very good outside of Durant/Westbrook and they don't have very much depth either. If they add Bosh that's gonna be hell for us for the foreseeable future.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Thunder will regret moving to OKC from Seattle when they have the opportunity to sign/keep a big name free agent but are overlooked because of their location.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People on this board might have McGrady/Yao resentment. You still try put that combo together. Its still in the championship formula for succes, elite wing+big. If it were to ever happen, I'd bet a Durant/Bosh combo goes a lot further than McGrady/Yao.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

So every second team has more attractive assets than we do for the Raps, yeppie!

19. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

hope OKC doesnt pull this of, cause the last thing we need is some team getting cb4 before us.

TIMES RUNNING OUT DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Castro

Castro Member

Someone like Stackhouse, Arenas and Kmart avged that....sometimes stats aint everything.